20:28, Tue 26 Dec
Be honest with yourselves everyone, nobody got excited with the appointment of WR except Garry Cook, we feared the worst but hoped for the best, it will never happen under his and his sidekicks tenure ...draw the line please, this is awful.
20:32, Tue 26 Dec
I thought it was a terrible decision, but didn’t think it’d be as bad as it’s turned out. I thought we’d have enough about us to stay relatively mid table, and the last 3 performances before today I was optimistic we were finally turning a corner. Obviously that was a false dawn, and now we’re falling into the relegation mire again, and I’m getting more apathetic to it, as there’s no way he’s getting sacked.
I have said it before (slightly tongue in cheek) but the compromise is to keep Rooney as manager for PR revenue purposes but bring in a Mowbray type manager as DOF but who actually takes training and runs the team. The board keeps the glory figure and the fans get a proper manager running the team
What pr revenue?

He isn’t box office.

He is dull not particularly eloquent, I don’t see an appeal.
20:51, Tue 26 Dec
What pr revenue?

He isn’t box office.

Ron from SHA obviously knows better than everybody else.
20:53, Tue 26 Dec
Agreed

It just feels really toxic now and I really don't see that changing. We have forgotten how to defend and are a soft touch out there. I'm afraid he's just not up to it and it's time to call it quits

Disappointing for all involved of course but we have no choice imo.
21:14, Tue 26 Dec
I think everyone is over thinking it tbf.

His PR, tactics, ability to attract investment, how he conducts himself in front of the camera etc etc.

He's just an awful manager.
21:21, Tue 26 Dec
Ron Saunders
What pr revenue?

He isn’t box office.

There is no question that he gets headlines in the media, we got oodles of media attention that we weren't getting before he arrived. The problem is that media attention is a double-edged sword and we are seeing that now that Rooney is failing miserably. But on top of that, the manner in which Eustace was ungraciously sacked (snide comments in club statement), the bold but unwise public statements of no fear football and winning mentality, the perceived success Eustace was having at the time he was sacked (6th place) and the fact that compared to Rooney Eustace was (forgive the expression) a relative 'nobody' (IE underdog) means that the majority of neutrals now want to see Birmingham fail for the sake of karma if nothing else. By courting media attention, the club have brought this upon themselves. If Eustace had continued to quietly nudge us up the table, it would have been comparatively under the radar. But now our abject failure is under the full glare of the media spotlight. He is box office but it's a horror movie right now, sadly. Did nobody notice how the rest of his media publicity is of the same ilk? The media have been building him up in order to tear him to bits all along and unfortunately his wife just throws more fuel on the flames for her own purposes.