22:25, Tue 26 Dec
Who is the leader on the pitch? Sanderson was dreadful tonight, not for the first time this season either. We just don’t have a leader in that team who when things ain’t going well leads by example with an over my dead body attitude.
22:28, Tue 26 Dec
Lichfield Blues
Who is the leader on the pitch? Sanderson was dreadful tonight, not for the first time this season either. We just don’t have a leader in that team who when things ain’t going well leads by example with an over my dead body attitude.

The only ones I can see are James and Bacuna.

Not sure any of them are captain material but they seem to be the stand out players in terms of having some self respect and wanting to challenge for every ball and take responsibility.

Too many others are passive and just seem to be happy with Aslong as it isn’t me rather than a collective.
22:28, Tue 26 Dec
I agree on Sanderson. Perhaps making someone else captain might help him start performing again, cause he’s been toss for weeks now.
22:29, Tue 26 Dec
Lichfield Blues

We don’t have one. Not one of those players on the pitch can do a captains job. When we concede a goal not one player is talking and picking things up. They all stand there looking at ground with hands on hips!
I agree on Sanderson. Perhaps making someone else captain might help him start performing again, cause he’s been toss for weeks now.

I'd drop him
Icm2023
Lichfield Blues

Not sure any of them are captain material but they seem to be the stand out players in terms of having some self respect and wanting to challenge for every ball and take responsibility.

Too many others are passive and just seem to be happy with Aslong as it isn’t me rather than a collective.

James too young and Bacuna too inconsistent, but can't fault their application.

Jutkiewicz is the best we have, but he shouldn't really be on the pitch to have captaincy
22:30, Tue 26 Dec
Icm2023
Lichfield Blues

That’s the point I was trying to make, I just don’t see a leader on the pitch at all,
22:31, Tue 26 Dec
I would as well, but given Robert’s is now injured and long has been bombed out apparently, we’ve got no one else to play there, unless you bring up academy players.
22:34, Tue 26 Dec
This is a good point. Do you remember when Francis took over as manager and brought in some experienced leaders? Bruce and Ablet, plus a midfielder that for the life of me I can't remember. Our summer signings (I don't think) didn't bring in a couple of leaders that could be an example to the other players on the pitch. Not sure they can remedy that in January. When Donovan came on he got stuck in and showed some of the senior players what they were lacking!
22:39, Tue 26 Dec
Bielek or Sunjic would be a better option than Sanderson.
22:40, Tue 26 Dec
All on recruitment. And it’s been long term. Plus there’s the striker problem. I blame no brainer
Tony Fantastico
22:43, Tue 26 Dec
I'm old enough to remember the difference players such as Archie Gemmil made when they came to us. Their best years were just about past but they brought that experience and sheer bloody mindlessness that we seem to lack right now.
Suggestions?
22:51, Tue 26 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
All on recruitment. And it’s been long term. Plus there’s the striker problem. I blame no brainer

Not just recruitment. We have changed Manager most seasons for 12 years resulting in no continuity, no plan, little consistency, poor results and increasing frustration from the supporters.

I hope Rooney gets the results to see us through this season. We then get some better players in key positions and he turns it around.
22:55, Tue 26 Dec
Shabby Grifter
This is a good point. Do you remember when Francis took over as manager and brought in some experienced leaders? Bruce and Ablet, plus a midfielder that for the life of me I can't remember. Our summer signings (I don't think) didn't bring in a couple of leaders that could be an example to the other players on the pitch. Not sure they can remedy that in January. When Donovan came on he got stuck in and showed some of the senior players what they were lacking!

Barry Horne, welsh captain I think.

In terms of actions I think Sunjic is the closest we have to a captain on the pitch. But in terms of vocal ability I really struggle, Ruddy is so experienced it should be him but he looks so flabbergasted with the defence most the time he just looks pissed off.

What I’d give for a Savage type player, to wind up the opposition, get in the refs face and gee up the support.

But we don’t have that, I know we need a striker but I also think we need a vocal arsehole that’s seen the game and knows how it works just as much.
04:22, Wed 27 Dec
Sunjic for me.