23:53, Tue 26 Dec
Couple quotes with food for thought:

"Apart from Romelle I’m not happy with one player. Every player’s position is up for grabs because that is nowhere near good enough."

"In the dressing room I used young Romelle as an example, a young 17 year old kid who comes onto the pitch, wants the ball, plays with character and aggression. When I'm using a kid as an example to some senior players in there, if I'm a senior player that's a concern. They should be setting the example for Romelle, not the other way around."

I don't disagree with either of those quotes. I'm happy he's told each player that their position is up for grabs - it should be a given, but a reminder after a performance where I personally felt we were second to every ball, out fought, out desired, that's what I want to hear. I'm just not sure it goes down well with the players, and I can imagine Romelle being slightly sheepish in that dressing room, despite his strong energetic performance.

And Rooney has to take some responsibility. He says "as manager I take responsibility... but" and then doesn't elaborate on where he needs to adjust things. Even if he was to say "I need to review and see if we can make any tweaks to help the players" it gives a sense of real responsibility rather than empty words.

Today was the fault of both the players being poor and being set up too defensively exposed, which accentuates that defensive fragility. Came as a real shock after the last 3 performances, hopefully we can have another Cardiff-esque comeback performance against Bristol. But that requires tactical tweaks from Rooney to provide the defence (which is likely to be further weakened with the injury to Roberts) more cover, and the players to step up to the standards they began to set from Cardiff to Plymouth. I've said a couple times since, but that shape we had at Cardiff was solid and I thought we played very well.

I'm not Rooney out, but I'm at the point I was after Coventry - something's got to give. We have to start getting 3 points semi-regularly, or his position will become untenable.

Thoughts?
23:57, Tue 26 Dec
Considering we were so exposed defensively it was surprising that when we were attacking we had very few players in Stokes penalty area!!!
23:58, Tue 26 Dec
The defence is his biggest issue, and one that he needs to solve. He hasn’t managed it in 13 games, but maybe on the 14th he’ll get it right. Unless we’re buying mbappe in January, we need to find a way to not be conceding 2 or more goals a match, and giving away so many chances for the opposition to score, because we’re simply don’t create or score enough to make up for it. If that means going back to Eustace tactics then so be it, because we’re leaking too many goals atm.
00:00, Wed 27 Dec
He’s right I’m sick to death of players not taking ownership on the pitch. Just do your fcuking jobs and stop fcuking pining.
00:04, Wed 27 Dec
Bluenose27
The defence is his biggest issue, and one that he needs to solve. He hasn’t managed it in 13 games, but maybe on the 14th he’ll get it right. Unless we’re buying mbappe in January, we need to find a way to not be conceding 2 or more goals a match, and giving away so many chances for the opposition to score, because we’re simply don’t create or score enough to make up for it. If that means going back to Eustace tactics then so be it, because we’re leaking too many goals atm.

This is what I mean, we managed it at Cardiff, and it wasn't even "Eustace-ball" - we looked a lot more threatening going forwards than that. But it was more solid, and allowed Aiwu to play in a position that didn't leave him stranded halfway up the pitch on the transition.

Hopefully we can pull another performance like that out our arses.
00:10, Wed 27 Dec
The first thing to do especially whilst Buchanan is out is to get Aiwu to sit. His best game was Cardiff where he rarely got forward.

Myoshi don’t cut it wide as a starter. Maybe off the bench he can do it but is better inside. Don’t think we will see him for a few weeks.

I don’t mind him having a go at the players. Looking for a reaction whether it’s best said in private is open for debate.

Tonight’s side looked a bit weak physically. We were poor on second ball. Beilik was a miss despite what some say.

I’d go back to the weekends formation on Friday replacing Beilik with either Gardner or take a gamble on Home assuming he’s a solid midfielder.

We have been unlucky with the defensive disruption. I’d like to see Long given a game or two as Sanderson looked much better alongside him but looks like that horse has bolted. Desparate for a left sided centre back.
00:20, Wed 27 Dec
For the love of god, get rid and end this sorry eisode.
00:26, Wed 27 Dec
I am even more worried after that interview than I was before, and I’ve been worried that he doesn’t know how to set up a team for a while - (playing Sunjic right side of midfield in game 1 was NOT a masterstroke!)
He talked about “covering round” and, yes Sanderson should have come across for the 2nd goal if that situation arises, but CH’s covering FB positions should have to happen occasionally.
It’s happening time and time again in every game because he wants both full backs over the halfway line at times when they should not be.
We are conceding loads of goals, and umpteen chances PER GAME because he persists with this nonsense.
For the 3rd goal Longelo was just about getting back into his own half as Sanderson was facing up the guy on the edge of our area….and we had been attacking on the opposite side of the pitch!!
Putting it down to individual mistakes, (which, in any case, will be more prevalent when you play kamikaze tactics) is either clueless or disingenuous.
I’ll let you decide, but either one is very worrying.
03:24, Wed 27 Dec
In regards to covering he’s talking especially about the 2nd goal. Longelo, I suspect should be covering the centre backs when play is building down our right. He was nowhere to be seen.

Aiwu gets caught out of position and one flick and Roberts is beaten. It was shambolic defending.
12:25, Wed 27 Dec
[twitter.com]

Wanted to suck the players off apparently
12:40, Wed 27 Dec
Ribeye
[twitter.com]

Lmfao. No wonder they don’t wanna play for him
12:40, Wed 27 Dec
Fair play that's better than an orange.
12:58, Wed 27 Dec
Ribeye
[twitter.com]

'Erm....you want come?'
13:03, Wed 27 Dec
👋👋👋
16:44, Wed 27 Dec
Clapton
In regards to covering he’s talking especially about the 2nd goal. Longelo, I suspect should be covering the centre backs when play is building down our right. He was nowhere to be seen.

Aiwu gets caught out of position and one flick and Roberts is beaten. It was shambolic defending.

Don’t forget Sandersons “run” back to the goal to allow him clear unchallenged route in on goal. No attempt to cover whatsoever