18:46, Wed 27 Dec
Miguelagenn
That West Brom game has to go down as one of our flukiest wins of recent years and Huddersfield were just awful. If that was enough for you to discount the 6 previous games, I'm marking you down as fickle.

Don't think West Brom was flukey. We won an end to end game,and we were able to do that because we went toe to toe with them. Wouldn't say we were markedly better than them that night, but at least every bit their equal which meant we had a platform to get a result.

How many times have we even at least been the equal of our opponents on the day under this manager? Three, maybe four?
19:06, Wed 27 Dec
Francis Urquhart
Miguelagenn
That West Brom game has to go down as one of our flukiest wins of recent years and Huddersfield were just awful. If that was enough for you to discount the 6 previous games, I'm marking you down as fickle.

Don't think West Brom was flukey. We won an end to end game,and we were able to do that because we went toe to toe with them. Wouldn't say we were markedly better than them that night, but at least every bit their equal which meant we had a platform to get a result.

How many times have we even at least been the equal of our opponents on the day under this manager? Three, maybe four?
End to end v Albion?
😂
I love beating them but they bosses most of the game
Tony Fantastico
19:20, Wed 27 Dec
I'd say it was pretty even tbh. Very good game of football all round.
19:27, Wed 27 Dec
I think the ‘penalty’ turned the game in our favour, and we were the better team after that until half time and got a second. Second half it was all them from memory, but we defended well (we haven’t done that much since then), restricted them to one chance, and then scored a free kick. Yes it wasn’t the prettiest of wins, but we won so who cares.
20:06, Wed 27 Dec
We were well back into the game before the penalty it was just a shaky first 10 minutes where we couldn't keep the ball for more than 2 passes.

It should be expected to be on the ropes once or twice in a game. We don't look comfortable at any point right now.
21:37, Wed 27 Dec
Bluenose27
I think the ‘penalty’ turned the game in our favour, and we were the better team after that until half time and got a second. Second half it was all them from memory, but we defended well (we haven’t done that much since then), restricted them to one chance, and then scored a free kick. Yes it wasn’t the prettiest of wins, but we won so who cares.

That does bring soemthing else to mind - I don't believe we have had a penalty under Rooney, but had three under the 11 games Eustace was in charge. Not sure if that shows a lack of attacking threat, refs don't like us even more or what but certainly won't help us.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years