09:07, Wed 27 Dec
I’m just wondering how Schumacher can go to Stoke and get them playing in the manner they did, with 2 weeks work and we are still struggling to find an effective system in 3 months?
I think this proves that a good coach can get big results just by getting your shape and system right. They looked a good cohesive unit and their defensive shape was very good whereas our shape? was a shambles. We had headless chickens running out of position and I don’t think I’ve seen a worse defensive display since the dark days of the 80’s.
I am trying to give WR time but I don’t think he has the tactical nouse to turn this around.
09:10, Wed 27 Dec
Because he has a track record of success in the roles he's been in.

Sadly, our guy doesn't

Hopefully the next guy will
09:10, Wed 27 Dec
It’s bollocks that implementing a new style takes time and short term pain.

Stoke in a week look miles better than they did previously. Howe at Newcastle took the shite Bruce was peddling and got them playing nice stuff even before the transfer window.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
09:17, Wed 27 Dec
Monk / Rowett. Both did it here, its easy know the players you are coaching create a style they can play.

Play them to their strengths, don't try to make them fit a system. It's worked for years in every industry in the world, but our Wayne knows better clearly.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:37, Wed 27 Dec
I know it's not a popular opinion, as it suggests they may have made a mistake.... But for me, from the press releases in October, the owners dictated the style of play. The current manager is just their vessel to deliver it.
09:45, Wed 27 Dec
666VAN
I know it's not a popular opinion, as it suggests they may have made a mistake.... But for me, from the press releases in October, the owners dictated the style of play. The current manager is just their vessel to deliver it.
Agree it was already established they wanted to change the style of football before Rooney came.

But it doesn’t mean to say Rooney is the right man to implement it.
09:45, Wed 27 Dec
He had a good CV and a proven management record. He probably attended an interview and presented his vision and aspirations to move the club forward and impressed them

He probably didn’t know his new bosses, wasn’t just given the job to up the profile of the club and wasn’t instructed by his new bosses to play in a certain way.

These are just opinions before anybody asks for evidence.
09:49, Wed 27 Dec
Robert Hopkins
Monk / Rowett. Both did it here, its easy know the players you are coaching create a style they can play.

Play them to their strengths, don't try to make them fit a system. It's worked for years in every industry in the world, but our Wayne knows better clearly.

Monk and Rowett went to a defensive style of play that's hard to beat. Personally that's not the direction I want to go in. It's also not the one the owners want to go in.

To the point about fitting the players, that's the opposite of what clubs should be doing. You should decide on a system and then get the players to fit it in order to progress. Which I believe is what we are trying to do. The top four don't play the way Rowett and Monk did.

I know people keep using Luton but they're an exception not the norm.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
09:54, Wed 27 Dec
BRING BACK GARY ROWETT
09:55, Wed 27 Dec
Had the advantage of playing us in his first match, which we didn't have.
11:48, Wed 27 Dec
Stoke invested in bringing in a lot of players in the close season, They spent big money we also brought in a lot of players but didn't spend that much, The infrastructure at Stoke was in place, We was in a false position in my opinion under Eustace but would of got more points than what we have at the moment.
12:07, Wed 27 Dec
Zublue
I’m just wondering how Schumacher can go to Stoke and get them playing in the manner they did, with 2 weeks work and we are still struggling to find an effective system in 3 months?
I think this proves that a good coach can get big results just by getting your shape and system right. They looked a good cohesive unit and their defensive shape was very good whereas our shape? was a shambles. We had headless chickens running out of position and I don’t think I’ve seen a worse defensive display since the dark days of the 80’s.
I am trying to give WR time but I don’t think he has the tactical nouse to turn this around.
He has not turned them around in 2 weeks, Stoke had nothing to play against yesterday, I think a team of pigeons would have given them a tougher game, we were absolute crap and not because Stoke made us look crap, we were the masters of our own shit show
12:15, Wed 27 Dec
Charcy
Robert Hopkins

Monk and Rowett went to a defensive style of play that's hard to beat. Personally that's not the direction I want to go in. It's also not the one the owners want to go in.

To the point about fitting the players, that's the opposite of what clubs should be doing. You should decide on a system and then get the players to fit it in order to progress. Which I believe is what we are trying to do. The top four don't play the way Rowett and Monk did.

I know people keep using Luton but they're an exception not the norm.

I might be well off here, but I suspect it’s easier to come into a disorganised side and make it organised and hard to beat, rather than come into a defensive counter attacking side and make it a possession based attacking outfit.
12:16, Wed 27 Dec
johnthefence
He had a good CV and a proven management record. He probably attended an interview and presented his vision and aspirations to move the club forward and impressed them

He probably didn’t know his new bosses, wasn’t just given the job to up the profile of the club and wasn’t instructed by his new bosses to play in a certain way.

These are just opinions before anybody asks for evidence.

Its a crazy way to do things!!!! But it might just work!
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
12:29, Wed 27 Dec
[/quote]

I might be well off here, but I suspect it’s easier to come into a disorganised side and make it organised and hard to beat, rather than come into a defensive counter attacking side and make it a possession based attacking outfit. [/quote]

👍exactly this