15:26, Wed 27 Dec
Understand your trepidation of course but we must all try and hope something happens to change that downwards trajectory...keep the faith
15:54, Wed 27 Dec
coffindodger
Like several people on here I've followed blues since the very early 70's, and I continue to torture myself and go home and away every week..blah blah. Right now it's hard being a blues fan (when isn't it tbh?) but I really think that we must not try and over analyse it and dig individual players out for varying reasons - we all have our favourites, and equally we all have those who we are less well disposed toward - that's football.

The Rooney experiment is not going to work unfortunately, he's shown himself to be tactically naïve and lacking in inspiration and 'devil' - which, given his playing persona is a surprise, but it's there for all to see and he offers nothing post match other than to criticize the players for not doing what he asked of them. As a result they're (understandably) not putting that little bit extra in for him that is the difference at this level.

This group are no world beaters, and deep down we all know that, but they are most definitely capable of comfortably finishing mid-table this year and I would argue that they do have a togetherness that we have seen many times, but teams with far less resources and squad strength than us continue to outperform us on virtually any metric you care to apply, and they simply look lost to me with no real natural leader's evident. I can only think of JJ as someone who's improved under WR, pretty much every other player has regressed for whatever reason, and that is an indictment of the coaching staff and methods/prep.

Cook might swallow his pride and do the kind thing, or he might double down, we'll find out very very soon. In the meantime we must carry on supporting the owners who have delivered pretty much everything they said they would in terms of the stadium and facilities etc, and we are so much better for it.

However, its what happens on the pitch that matters and Cook and co have got to sort that out. In the meantime we must continue to support the team and try and be positive (and yes that's going to be hard).

It's not all doom and gloom, trust me.

KRO and keep the faith

You'll do for me pal 👏💙
Up the feckin Blues
16:12, Wed 27 Dec
coffindodger
I was simply referring to his streetwise, nasty, moaning, winning mentality/persona that he constantly displayed for Utd and Eng. Nothing whatsoever to do with the quality of players he played with....simply that I would have expected to see some of that out there for us in some form, but we are (oddly) ultra passive on the pitch and bench

Stansfield has it to an extent, but it's quite obvious why he has fire in his belly. I can't think of any others.

To be fair to him, Bacuna always gives it his all, is often seen attempting to get the crowd going, and rarely hides, even if he's made a bad pass resulting in lost possession.

And that's despite being moved from pillar to post by his Manager i.e. one week he's an attacking goalscoring midfielder/winger, next he's asked to play a deep holding role, and then as a full back. If we had 5 of him on the pitch the team would most likely be in a much better position than it is currently
20:21, Wed 27 Dec
KRO
20:46, Wed 27 Dec
The club is in the best state it has been in for well over a dozen years.
We're still in the same position in the league as we have been, but EVERYTHING else around the club is far and away from where it has been in recent years.

I'm not worried in the absolute slightest. Aggrieved to see us lose, yes. But I am not worried.