22:28, Wed 27 Dec
Dark Mennis
Get rid of Rooney
He’s incompetent as a manager why the heck would you trust him to sign players
He won’t be
Tony Fantastico
22:35, Wed 27 Dec
Ribeye
I don't see why people assume Cook and Rooney are mates? Same agent yes but mates I doubt it. Cook will boot Rooney out if he sees the need. Perhaps he's just being patient and not knee jerk? Yes it's not looking great but there's more than enough games to play. If it looks like no improvement in the next few weeks then Cook will definitely act to save his own skin.

It’s not an assumption, it’s known they’re matey. John o’Shea too apparently
22:36, Wed 27 Dec
Bluemusic
No pining here. The club has a problem that needs solving. I just suggested the name of a manager in the hope of some good natured argument and debate.
If Bruce’s not your cup of tea, who would you suggest?

I’d be interested in Steve Cooper if he fancied it; but as a long term replacement.

Tbh though I don’t think Rooney is going anywhere yet.
22:40, Wed 27 Dec
Dark Mennis
Get rid of Rooney

I’m not sure how far his responsibility extends on that front. If the diktat of ‘no fear football’ comes from the top, presumably Craig Gardner is doing a lot of the legwork.

I just wish Rooney would play to the strengths of the players. He may not like the fact that Sanderson isn’t a sweeping defender, but if he just accepted it and found a system that suited him and the other players, he would get the best out of the team now whilst having the opportunity to replace him in Jan or the summer.
22:47, Wed 27 Dec
Ribeye
And in fairness he had the balls to come in when he was starting with 5 tough games after the previous manager had won his last 2 games and was sacked despite being well liked here. He could of said no I'll take over in January.

You call it balls, I'd say it shows naivety/arrogance.
22:49, Wed 27 Dec
El Mayor
Bluemusic
No pining here. The club has a problem that needs solving. I just suggested the name of a manager in the hope of some good natured argument and debate.
If Bruce’s not your cup of tea, who would you suggest?

I’d be interested in Steve Cooper if he fancied it; but as a long term replacement.

Tbh though I don’t think Rooney is going anywhere yet.

Yes agree he would be an excellent long term replacement. I don’t think he’s a ‘glamorous’ enough candidate for our board unfortunately.

Also agree they’ll stay as long as they can with Rooney until they absolutely have to act in order to save the club from relegation.
What do you think to the possibility of the club sacking one or two of the coaches, in an attempt to effect change to the playing style, without the loss of face from sacking Rooney himself? I’m thinking of the defensive coaches, who might fall on their swords and be cheaper to pay off.
23:10, Wed 27 Dec
Bluemusic
Dark Mennis
Get rid of Rooney

I’m not sure how far his responsibility extends on that front. If the diktat of ‘no fear football’ comes from the top, presumably Craig Gardner is doing a lot of the legwork.

I just wish Rooney would play to the strengths of the players. He may not like the fact that Sanderson isn’t a sweeping defender, but if he just accepted it and found a system that suited him and the other players, he would get the best out of the team now whilst having the opportunity to replace him in Jan or the summer.

…is the right answer
23:11, Wed 27 Dec
The one thing we are crying out for is a captain and leader on the pitch.

Id say one on the touchline would be a start.
04:37, Thu 28 Dec
baldrick
Bluemusic
Dark Mennis
Get rid of Rooney

…is the right answer

Blindingly obvious to everyone except Rooney too
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
08:11, Thu 28 Dec
baldrick
Bluemusic
Dark Mennis
Get rid of Rooney

…is the right answer

It might also help if he told the full backs to play like traditional supporting full backs - defend first, help out further up the pitch if it's safe to do so but always be in a position to get back if the opposition break in numbers. And while he's at it, work with the whole team on how to defend as a unit. If he needs help with this, he could watch videos of how we played before he arrived.
12:03, Thu 28 Dec
I'm staggered by the notion that we actually HAVE defensive coaches!!!