13:08, Thu 28 Dec
I did 2007 too (and then did it a second time in 2019). 2007 was so miserably hot. The worst experience running that I’ve ever had.
Surviving is the first aim, half marathon pb is 1:47 so in theory if I pace it ok potentially sub 4 hours?

Saying that I’d be delighted if I’m under 4:30

Excited for it, think the atmosphere will be immense
22:04, Thu 28 Dec
Good luck. I'm Doing the Race to the Stones albeit the short version and at 56 that'll be my last event at that level. Probably still do the Viking Challenge though but at a sedentary pace
Gareth Keenan
Surviving is the first aim, half marathon pb is 1:47 so in theory if I pace it ok potentially sub 4 hours?

Yep 1.47 should put you in the 4 hr range if you train well and fuel sensibly. Try and race a half marathon 6 weeks out in your build up. It’s a decent gauge. (HM time * 2) + 20 minutes is a decent estimate for a first marathon.
23:57, Thu 28 Dec
Yeah premier Inns, in King’s Cross, Euston, Tower Bridge and Southbank. All close to stations that will help you get to the starting point and close enough to the finishing line.

It’s an amazing event I’ve worked on events along the route in Limehouse. I’ve also worked in hotels and seen the athletes completely dead on their feet on getting back to the hotel.

Good luck all and feel free to put up your links for sponsorship.
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Gareth Keenan

Yep 1.47 should put you in the 4 hr range if you train well and fuel sensibly. Try and race a half marathon 6 weeks out in your build up. It’s a decent gauge. (HM time * 2) + 20 minutes is a decent estimate for a first marathon.

Yeah this sounds about right.

Are you following a training programme?
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
09:46, Fri 29 Dec
Made in Daegu
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
Gareth Keenan

Yeah this sounds about right.

Are you following a training programme?

Not yet, have just been trying to be hm fit for Christmas but looking at getting the runna 4 month marathon plan, have heard it’s well structured