09:32, Thu 28 Dec
Request for advice. Taking my 84 year old mother to the Bristol game tomorrow night. Need to take buses from town to/from to St Andrews. Understand can take 17, 60, or 90 to the ground. Which one will get me closest to the ground. What is the situation after the game as I have often seen Coventry Road closed off. Where can I get a buses that will limit walking distances.
09:52, Thu 28 Dec
Where are you sitting? The 97 stops outside the George but it will be a slow crawl into town.
10:01, Thu 28 Dec
Have a pint or two in the George afterwards and get an Uber.
10:16, Thu 28 Dec
Never heard of number 90. Certainly doesn't go by blues if there is one. 97 is probably best bet back into town as you say the cov rd is closed to the watering hole so 17 and 60 will be diverted. Will take you a long time though unless you leave after 70 mins when they score their 3😁
10:17, Thu 28 Dec
dont tell wayne,sorry couldnt help my self.
10:54, Thu 28 Dec
Thanks re taking 97. Sitting in the Kop. Getting to the ground is not really an issue but getting away afterwards generally is. Understand bus diverted after the game. Do you know nearest stop. Thanks again.
11:25, Thu 28 Dec
97 is on the corner by the George.
To be honest mate if your walking from the kop and down tilton road it's probably just as quick to walk down to the watering hole and jump in an Uber from McDonald's. It wont be much dearer and will be a lot quicker. The traffic on garrison lane is ridiculous and it will take you at least 25 mins to get into town.
11:50, Thu 28 Dec
97 by The George but you'll be sat there a while, or if you can make the walk down past McDonalds and over the island there's a stop under the railway bridge, right by the entrance to the Bordesley train station. Anything stopping there will get you to Selfridges/Moor Street pretty sharpish.
12:01, Thu 28 Dec
👍
14:36, Thu 28 Dec
Or there will be taxis generally waiting by Maccies on the Island.
Not being a dick, but if you want to get a taxi to save on the walking. I’ll happily pay
Tony Fantastico
Never mind busses and taxis, this fella should be reported to the local safeguarding team. Fecking elder abuse.
14:51, Thu 28 Dec
Calblue
Request for advice. Taking my 84 year old mother to the Bristol game tomorrow night. Need to take buses from town to/from to St Andrews. Understand can take 17, 60, or 90 to the ground. Which one will get me closest to the ground. What is the situation after the game as I have often seen Coventry Road closed off. Where can I get a buses that will limit walking distances.

Your poor mom having to sit through that.
15:23, Thu 28 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Or there will be taxis generally waiting by Maccies on the Island.
Not being a dick, but if you want to get a taxi to save on the walking. I’ll happily pay

I said above, an Uber for 2 people isn't gonna cost him more than the bus, maybe an extra quid.
KES
15:25, Thu 28 Dec
You can’t get the bus
You can’t get the train
You can’t drive in
And you can’t walk.
I fly to matches. It’s the only way
16:43, Thu 28 Dec
Thanks for the info and kind offer. Not needed. Anyone making throwaway comments when you do not know my full circumstances I think is a dick.. It doesn’t surprise me as I read so many comments on here about blues from experts who do not know what is going on behind the scenes. Happy New Year and KRO.