21:58, Thu 28 Dec
Bit of a clickbait thread title so apols for that

A lot of the pro-rooney posters think that what we're seeing now is the standard blues rollercoaster. Start well, drop off dramatically, barely stay afloat. We have seen that under Eustace and Bowyer. Some believe there's a disease that goes beyond the manager — a lack of resilience and fortitude ingrained in the club. When the threat of relegation subsides, the team tends to coast, leading to dismal runs and toxic atmospheres in the ground. It's not just Rooney; it's a recurring theme, infecting old and new players.

Do you buy that?

The idea does have currency. Spurs teams are labelled bottlers as they were decades ago, and Conte said as much in his weird outburst before he was sacked. I think of the Sunderland team that eventually dropped two divisions after years circling the plughole despite millions spent and several managers. Villa also probably had a bit of that before going down.

Had the new signings this summer fixed that issue? or was this always gonna happen, new manager or not? I've been thinking about it a lot and at first I really thought it was bollocks tbh. I thought Eustace had put together a competent team that would do ok. I do think that still but I do also think that one summer and a takeover ain't gonna fix what was probably a genuine issue in terms of club culture. Old habits die hard etc.
21:59, Thu 28 Dec
Were in need of repair.
Currently being fixed.
We’re in a cheap hire car atm
Tony Fantastico
22:00, Thu 28 Dec
rent a wreck ?
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
22:01, Thu 28 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Were in need of repair.
Currently being fixed.

I think this is a good analogy.
22:05, Thu 28 Dec
good job our owners own Hertz then.
22:09, Thu 28 Dec
Someone got it quicker than I thought
Tony Fantastico
22:11, Thu 28 Dec
We're on the march like NEVER before in any of our lifetime's.

A stuttering start admittedly but with these owners We're are well blessed.
22:16, Thu 28 Dec
No I think it’s complete shite
Happy Clapper
22:19, Thu 28 Dec
i've seen your back and forth about it. I think it's 90% shite but I do sometimes see clubs of all ilks (from Man Utd to Blues) who seem to somehow have repeat problems despite new players and managers. I imagine club culture exists beyond the players somehow
22:19, Thu 28 Dec
tebily
good job our owners own Hertz then.

Everybody Hertz......sometimes
22:21, Thu 28 Dec
Man Utd have had the same owners foryears, we have new ones
Happy Clapper
22:27, Thu 28 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Were in need of repair.
Currently being fixed.
Worst. Haiku. Ever.
22:35, Thu 28 Dec
We aren't broken, we just needed a season of consolidation before being able to move forward. Step by step.

But we messed it up and probably need to return to basics very quickly.

We tried to run before we were walking.
22:53, Thu 28 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Were in need of repair.
Currently being fixed.

Hire car has a flat battery at mo. Needs a jump start
23:15, Thu 28 Dec
I would have taken 16th before the season started. We bought some new players but are still a centre forward and centre half short of decent.

Unfortunately the new players have missed a fair share of games so the squad has been quite weak.

I might be in the minority but I don’t think it would have been that much different without the manager change. Maybe 2 or 3 points better off.

The timing of the change was crap and put extra pressure on Rooney alongside the goldfish bowl he lives in.

We have a poorer second half of the season usually as the squad lacks depth and quality.

If we have our usual second half the season we are in for a battle.

Once the FFP issue is less we should start to improve. Need players in key positions in the spine.

We change the manager and half the team each year we need to out a stop to that.