07:10, Fri 29 Dec
We were just seconds away from ending Leeds unbeaten run of 22 league games. The attendance was 50,451 - the last time we had in excess of 50,000.

We were robbed. Clear foul on one of ours from a corner or free kick and while we were arguing with there’s the buggers legged it up the pitch and put one in, more or less unopposed.

Edit: I typed all that before watching the clip and now I look a right effing chump.

#poundshopspike
08:12, Fri 29 Dec
I was there as an 8-year old. Stoke beat them soon after I think.
I remember crying when Leeds scored. Blues do that to a person.
Tha Project OBE
We were robbed. Clear foul on one of ours from a corner or free kick and while we were arguing with there’s the buggers legged it up the pitch and put one in, more or less unopposed.
That's the Anfield one in 1972-73. Should have been a Police investigation into that one, the decision to disallow what would have been a winner was outright corrupt.
08:37, Fri 29 Dec
bluearmyfaction
Tha Project OBE
That's the Anfield one in 1972-73. Should have been a Police investigation into that one, the decision to disallow what would have been a winner was outright corrupt.

That’s the one I thought of too when we ended up losing 4-3 after being 3-1 ahead. The game was filmed in colour but in that version has the incident in question is edited out. I’ve found a black and white version though- see around 7.35 for the disallowed goal. God knows what the ref disallowed it for.

[m.youtube.com]
Tha Project OBE

Edit: I typed all that before watching the clip and now I look a right effing chump.

#poundshopspike

In the Leeds clip there seems to be a foul on TF about a minute in. The Liverpool one at Anfield was the previous season when we had a goal disallowed for an alleged foul on Trevor Storton. Big teams got the big decisions even then.