09:33, Fri 29 Dec
Help me out here.
If whatever happens he isn't going to get any more game time due to the financial situation of his contract what is the point of him even being in the match day squad?
09:37, Fri 29 Dec
Dunno Davers.
09:38, Fri 29 Dec
Maybe it's starts rather than appearances

(I dunno this, just speculating)
Happy Clapper
09:44, Fri 29 Dec
Obviously if Ruddy got injured or sent off he would play. I hazard a guess that’s the fundamental reason he is in the squad.
09:57, Fri 29 Dec
PRBlue
Obviously if Ruddy got injured or sent off he would play. I hazard a guess that’s the fundamental reason he is in the squad.
Well I guessed that. What I was asking was if he came on,even as a sub,would it trigger an ongoing hike for the rest of his contract
10:02, Fri 29 Dec
Just play him and pay him
10:02, Fri 29 Dec
davenports
PRBlue
Well I guessed that. What I was asking was if he came on,even as a sub,would it trigger an ongoing hike for the rest of his contract

Even if it did, it’s probs worth the financial outlay rather than having one of the kids in goal, not even sure who it would be - Mayo maybe?
Gazball?
10:06, Fri 29 Dec
Reminds me a bit of the situation with Kuszczak a few years back
10:22, Fri 29 Dec
davenports
Help me out here.
If whatever happens he isn't going to get any more game time due to the financial situation of his contract what is the point of him even being in the match day squad?

So… the idea that if he plays it costs us a lot more is bullshit.

I think that it’s much more likely that his contract is similar to Colin’s was, where it went up a certain amount after a certain number of starts.

If that is the case a sub appearance ain’t gonna hurt us at all - and it would take a long run of games for it to start getting expensive.
10:28, Fri 29 Dec
Cheers for helping to clear that up Dan
11:21, Fri 29 Dec
GBlue
Just play him and pay him

2 games of Etheridge and people would be begging for a new contract for Ruddy