12:24, Fri 29 Dec
Bad news if stansfield goes
Can we send Burke and Aiwu back tho?
Neither are going to work out by the looks of it

Sounds like loans are the more likely option until the summer
12:29, Fri 29 Dec
I’d definitely send them both back, but i doubt it’s that simple. Likelihood is we’re stuck with both of them.
12:31, Fri 29 Dec
Reedy1968
Bad news if stansfield goes
Can we send Burke and Aiwu back tho?
Neither are going to work out by the looks of it

Sounds like loans are the more likely option until the summer

Aiwu is probably the most likely to stay, with him having a optional to join the club permanently.

I would want Burke to go IMO, but he seems all buddy-buddy with Rooney and there's no indication of the club's interested in terminating the loan spell. Ofc that can changed during the transfer window (regardless if Rooney remains in the club or not) but there's no signs of both players loan spells ending atm.
12:36, Fri 29 Dec
Don't understand why burke keeps getting on the pitch. Does nothing as a starter, does nothing as a sub, crap on the right, crap upfront.
12:40, Fri 29 Dec
I thought that in order to terminate a loan in January the player, the loan club and the parent club have to all agree.
12:45, Fri 29 Dec
BlueSteve
I thought that in order to terminate a loan in January the player, the loan club and the parent club have to all agree.

Depends if there is a break clause or not
12:47, Fri 29 Dec
assume there probably is considering the multiple ipswich stories
13:58, Fri 29 Dec
I'd keep Aiwu around as an option but very thankful that we only loaned him, what a waste of £3m he would have been.

Burke, if possible, should be on the first plane back to Germany. How he's cost £30m in transfer fees throughout his career is a mystery.
14:18, Fri 29 Dec
Agree on Burke, awful.

Aiwu still has potential, he wouldn't look this bad if it weren't for this catastrophic regime and appalling defensive set up. I'd be tempted to pay the £3 million in January to free up a loan spot and retain the player.
15:06, Fri 29 Dec
Sunik
Agree on Burke, awful.

Aiwu still has potential, he wouldn't look this bad if it weren't for this catastrophic regime and appalling defensive set up. I'd be tempted to pay the £3 million in January to free up a loan spot and retain the player.

generally agreed with the statement, but currently not 100% convince on Aiwu. He's still adapting to English football and hopefully he gets better, but I wouldn't take the option to buy him for £3 million as of this moment.

I argue the case we should make Cody Drameh signing permanent, and terminating Burke's loan spell.
15:12, Fri 29 Dec
3 mil for Aiwu would be laughable.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
16:53, Fri 29 Dec
Not worth the loan space let alone a fee on current form
16:58, Fri 29 Dec
I'd quite like us to keep Aiwu I think he's got all the attributes of a decent player once he puts it all together.

But his performances have been pretty crap so far.

3 million would be bonkers though. Hope we don't have to pay it.
17:05, Fri 29 Dec
I thought Aiwu would be a very good signing and from what I read at the time was surprised we got him. Villa John didn't play him and Rooney obviously isn't keen on him at centre back so he may as well go back to Italy. Doesn't look a 3m player to me. I know he's been playing out of position but when he has played in the middle he's looked like Titus Bramble. I hoped signing him would mean I'd never see Marc Roberts play for us again but hey ho
17:07, Fri 29 Dec
I thought Aiwu would be a very good signing and from what I read at the time was surprised we got him. Villa John didn't play him and Rooney obviously isn't keen on him at centre back so he may as well go back to Italy. Doesn't look a 3m player to me. I know he's been playing out of position but when he has played in the middle he's looked like Titus Bramble. I hoped signing him would mean I'd never see Marc Roberts play for us again but hey ho

I'm sure i remember, when we signed him, that he'd put in his most impressive performances at this last club as a midfielder