13:11, Fri 29 Dec
I love the darts and the atmosphere, but the Yaya Kolo Toure song has to be up there with the most annoying sports song at the wrong venue I have ever heard. Loads of grown adults doing a dance to top it off. I know there’s a lot on here who go to the World Champs. Is that song better in person?
13:13, Fri 29 Dec
Craigy, Craigy Craigy, Craigy Craigy, Craigy Craigy Gardner!

Gary, Gary Gary, Gary Gary, Gary, Gary Gardner!
Happy Clapper
13:15, Fri 29 Dec
Please, no 🤦🏻‍♂️🥳
13:17, Fri 29 Dec
They may as well sing that though, it’s the same thing. That song should only be sung by Man City fans 10 years ago, at the football. Or by children under the age of 5.
13:21, Fri 29 Dec
From watching it on Sky it seems they only have about 3 songs that they repeat for hours on end. If it’s not the toure chsnt, it’s the awful please don’t take me home chant, or stand up if you love the darts.
13:24, Fri 29 Dec
‘Come back my love’ was my fave
13:24, Fri 29 Dec
It keeps the simple folk happy and the world needs simple folk just as much as it needs us superior beings.
13:31, Fri 29 Dec
These same fans world probably go to the World Bowls Championships and start singing the same songs if they could. In amongst the veteran fans. It Barry Hearn gets his way.
13:33, Fri 29 Dec
Yaya Yaya Toure

Linked Image
13:45, Fri 29 Dec
It's more annoying in person, they go through the same 4 or 5 songs.
13:45, Fri 29 Dec
If you've never been,don't.

It will ruin your perception of the whole thing.

It's like a massive stag do,beer farts lingering in the air and aggressive drunks pissed on arrival.

Nobody is really watching the darts, much better on telly.

Mind you it was in Wolverhampton.
13:46, Fri 29 Dec
From watching it on Sky it seems they only have about 3 songs that they repeat for hours on end. If it’s not the toure chsnt, it’s the awful please don’t take me home chant, or stand up if you love the darts.

Sweet Caroline - I really try to not let it wind me up but it does - the fact that it is universally used now makes it worse 😂
13:50, Fri 29 Dec
Cheers both. Maybe they should move the venue to another country each year. Seem a bit more respectful on the continent. World Champs always get good viewing figures, would take it global.
13:51, Fri 29 Dec
It’s not just the songs that annoy me, it’s the general atmosphere from the crowd that is prevalent at the darts now. It’s like a football atmosphere in that it is really toxic, and some players get booed and jeered constantly, others subject to abuse. Especially when it can influence matches as well.

Take price for example, I don’t particularly like him and I know he plays the pantomime villain, but he don’t deserve some of the abuse he gets from the crowd.
13:54, Fri 29 Dec
I know he was losing his grip with the improving standards, but it’s one of the reasons Taylor retired when he did.