19:20, Fri 29 Dec
I’ve signed up to Blues TV this afternoon as I am away and all I am getting is ‘Content Unavailable’ whenever I select live video.

I am trying this in my phone. Does that make a difference or am I getting by the unavailable message because it isn’t available until kick off time?

Signed up for the annual subscription as well! 😱 could be regretting that!
19:40, Fri 29 Dec
When you click the ‘live’ button you should get the wavy lined red and blue split screen …..click on the play button and you should see some goals from past seasons
19:43, Fri 29 Dec
gesanners
When you click the ‘live’ button you should get the wavy lined red and blue split screen …..click on the play button and you should see some goals from past seasons

Thanks for replying. As soon as I click the Live button I just get the ‘Content Currently Unavailable- Please Try Later’. Not sure if trying it on my phone is making the difference.
20:18, Fri 29 Dec
Looks like it’s the annual ‘audio’ pass I’ve subscribed to. Apologies if I’m being stupid but how do I get the live matches on Blues TV as I can’t see an option for an annual Live pass only the audio one.
20:23, Fri 29 Dec
Sorry just seen this, log in-select BluesTv- men- that takes you to footage of past crap results- scroll through the first few and you’ll come to a widescreen box which you select to pay for individual games
20:25, Fri 29 Dec
Thanks for your help. My fault as I assumed the annual pass allowed you to watch the games live as well but these are only pay per view. Audio it is then for tonight 👍