22:41, Fri 29 Dec
We don't seem to be able to complete more than 3 consecutive passes before we give the ball away. The persistence with passing out from the back always results in the opponents having an attack as we tamely pass the ball to them. I can't remember one goal scored by us which started with Ruddy giving it to a fellow defender.
22:44, Fri 29 Dec
i think the quality of player we have they are not great exponents of the basics and i find it most frustrating when we are in decent positions in the middle of the park or near their penalty area and the choice is always the wrong one. We have poor quality team footballers and a few decent indivual players.
23:07, Fri 29 Dec
Stoke looked like world beaters and Bristol played as if it was a training session. They all look comfortable on the ball and most of ours don’t, apart from one or two exceptions.
Whilst I am losing faith with Rooney, sadly he has inherited a bit of a shit show. Sunjic really can’t play football
23:13, Fri 29 Dec
There's plenty of good footballers in our squad.

Granted, there's also some not so good one's but they are capable of knocking it about like Stoke and Bristol City have against us but it requires sufficient direction from a competent coaching team to realise it.
23:16, Fri 29 Dec
Yep. They are championship footballers, they are more than capable of passing the ball around. Even some league 1 and 2 teams pass the ball better than we do.
It’s having a competent coaching team that know exactly how to get the players playing like that.
23:16, Fri 29 Dec
I am not so sure about that. To many seem rushed in Possession
23:19, Fri 29 Dec
Ron Burgundy
There's plenty of good footballers in our squad.

Granted, there's also some not so good one's but they are capable of knocking it about like Stoke and Bristol City have against us but it requires sufficient direction from a competent coaching team to realise it.

I'm not sure why people continue to persist with this notion when there is no evidence for it. And whatever you think of Eustace, he said we didn't have the players to do it. They ain't good enough to play that way consistently and win.
23:24, Fri 29 Dec
Yep. They are championship footballers, they are more than capable of passing the ball around. Even some league 1 and 2 teams pass the ball better than we do.
It’s having a competent coaching team that know exactly how to get the players playing like that.

Go back and have a look at some of our games under Eustace. The players not being able to string passes together ain’t down to the coaching.

Unless you’re saying Eustace and his staff were also incompetent?
23:28, Fri 29 Dec
QBBC2

Go back and have a look at some of our games under Eustace. The players not being able to string passes together ain’t down to the coaching.

Eustace thought he could get better results playing his style. He never once tried to implement possession based football, and to his credit he did enough to get the points required.

I’m not saying the players we have are good enough to piss the league playing tiki taka football but they are all more than capable of passing the ball around.
23:44, Fri 29 Dec
And I’m saying they’re not, based on the evidence of them not doing it consistently under Eustace or Rooney.
08:09, Sat 30 Dec
TrickyBlue
QBBC2

Eustace thought he could get better results playing his style. He never once tried to implement possession based football, and to his credit he did enough to get the points required.

I’m not saying the players we have are good enough to piss the league playing tiki taka football but they are all more than capable of passing the ball around.
Eustace openly said we were going to play more possession football
Tony Fantastico
08:58, Sat 30 Dec
Four really interesting stats from yesterday

Sunjic completed 14 passes all match, 14! A central midfielder. I did a thread couple of weeks back bemoaning our midfields lack of passers but this is a new low even for Ivan.

Stansfield, I get that he was isolated but against Plymouth he was dropping back and all over the shop. Last night he touched the ball 13 times and passed it twice!

Dembele passed the ball 6 times. Only once in Bristol’s third.

And final mention Longelo may have amassed 19 passes in the game which seems commendable but his passing accuracy was 50%. I am no expert but that seems shockingly low.
09:04, Sat 30 Dec
Most of the time your eyes don’t lie. Those stats prove it
Tony Fantastico
09:20, Sat 30 Dec
That is horrendous. Hogan used to get dogs abuse for not touching the ball, stansfield not doing it and he has had sympathy. But, Rooney instead of treating the cause by changing the midfield structure treats the symptom and brings on Burke instead???
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:51, Sat 30 Dec
GBBlue
Four really interesting stats from yesterday

Sunjic completed 14 passes all match, 14! A central midfielder. I did a thread couple of weeks back bemoaning our midfields lack of passers but this is a new low even for Ivan.

Stansfield, I get that he was isolated but against Plymouth he was dropping back and all over the shop. Last night he touched the ball 13 times and passed it twice!

Dembele passed the ball 6 times. Only once in Bristol’s third.

And final mention Longelo may have amassed 19 passes in the game which seems commendable but his passing accuracy was 50%. I am no expert but that seems shockingly low.

Depends where you get your stats from.

Sunjic rating last night 2nd only to Bacuna [www.whoscored.com]