08:37, Sat 30 Dec
We really were treated to the worst of the championship last night. Tripe.
Our pitch has been mentioned before and it’s improved quality wise with less bobbles but the size of it combined with the lack of quality on the ball makes the entertainment for us worse.
Last night there were 67 throw ins in our match. Average that at 15 seconds per throw in and that’s nearly 17 minutes with the ball not in play. Without any other stoppages.
Of that incredible number of throw ins Bristol had 44 of them( us 23) which shows we conceded possession by misplaced passes or defensive blocks nearly twice as much. It’s quite pathetic when compared to other games played last night.
The totals in some other games for both teams for comparison were:
Huddersfield v Boro - 25 throw ins in the match.
Coventry v Swansea 34
Hull v Blackburn 42
Ipswich v QPR 41
Southampton v Plymouth 33.
I dunno what it really means but is a constant in home games and means we are shit and awful to watch at home consistently
Tony Fantastico
08:40, Sat 30 Dec
I don’t buy the size of the pitch being a problem tbh. Stoke and Bristol seemed alright passing us off the park on it.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
08:50, Sat 30 Dec
What stood out the most for me was that Blues had just the one corner all game

For a home team, who are usually expected to try to win, particularly against a mid-table team, that is an incredibly pathetic stat
09:13, Sat 30 Dec
It was also telling that the first foul wasnt until the fifth minute and there was 0 added time in the first half.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:16, Sat 30 Dec
It was an awful watch. For long periods the game resembled an attack v defence training exercise. I’d expect that kind of mindset against the likes of Leicester but Bristol City at home?? If I wasn’t a season ticket holder and had just forked out the best part of £80 for the last two home performances I’m not sure I’d be rushing back.
I posted this in the match thread but it shows where were at 5 months down the line against the same teams now and yet some on here still see it as progress....

5 shots & 1 on target (Longelo's tame effort) in 90 minutes tonight. We had 16 at Bristol in August and 6 on target.
I thought part of the reason for WR’s appointment was because he was a big name to attract a US audience

Bit of entertainment wouldn’t go amiss if we want to grow that revenue stream
09:28, Sat 30 Dec
You can simply not use the word ‘football’ to describe that sh@& fest on show last night.
To muster only one weak Longelo shot after 37 mins against a pretty poor Bristol team on the night, despite them missing 2 sitters in the 1st half is clearly not good enough.
Devoid of ideas, passing was woeful, rarely found a blue shirt from a throw in, really difficult to watch Rab.
09:31, Sat 30 Dec
Good point about throw ins. Abysmal as well. Constantly losing possession
Tony Fantastico
09:36, Sat 30 Dec
theAtlas
It was an awful watch. For long periods the game resembled an attack v defence training exercise. I’d expect that kind of mindset against the likes of Leicester but Bristol City at home?? If I wasn’t a season ticket holder and had just forked out the best part of £80 for the last two home performances I’m not sure I’d be rushing back.

That’s me, and that’s me done till things change. That was the worst I’ve seen so far under this current regime. Totally clueless.
10:58, Sat 30 Dec
To be honest I wish I went for a game of pool with Stechy.
11:01, Sat 30 Dec
You don’t
Tony Fantastico
11:04, Sat 30 Dec
I love a good throw-in
Always have done
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
11:10, Sat 30 Dec
Why do our opponents seem comfortable at retaining the ball?
11:14, Sat 30 Dec
We're shit at throw ins too unfortunately
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H