11:04, Sat 30 Dec
So, it would seem that they're going to give him the window after all.

3 months ago if WR called you and said "come and play for me here, blah, blah" then pretty much anyone/everyone would (understandably) have jumped at the chance i guess, and signed on the dotted line

Now however they have a sample size to look at and I fear that many of those about to be contacted may well be less than keen to join this madhouse now

I guess were going to have to sit and suffer as this plays out, but its going to be interesting to see exactly who the brains trust have lined up for us, and how they might integrate (if they'll sign of course) and improve us instantly. Which is what's needed of course

Put your seat belts on, it's going to be a bumpy ride I fear.

KRO
11:13, Sat 30 Dec
We'll also get a better idea of their judgement of a player and what's needed.
11:29, Sat 30 Dec
Just thought I'd join in so you don't keep talking to yourself.
11:34, Sat 30 Dec
:)
12:41, Sat 30 Dec
I think all this give him a window and let him have his own players talk is grabbing at straws.
I mean who would be available on the kind of budgets that we have that could change it so much?.

Our most obvious problem is our defending but as much as Sanderson’s form has dropped off its a ridiculous system implemented by Rooney that’s the problem.
We are quite well stocked in both the full back positions injuries aside.
OK it’s obvious we need a striker and a C/B but I can’t really see how things will change that much given who we could afford.
12:44, Sat 30 Dec
Available players -

Jesse Lingard
Phil Jones

Lingard quality up top.
Jones alongside Sanderson.
12:53, Sat 30 Dec
Whilst I'm sure he'll have the final say, I wouldn't have thought in our set-up (& nearly all other clubs) that he'll be that much involved in identifying available players/potential signings.
12:54, Sat 30 Dec
Hopefully with the Rooney and O Shea connections we can get these two on contracts until the end of the season, then see where we are by then.
15:35, Sat 30 Dec
I agree...its going to be tough to persuade anyone remotely good enough to join us now and make that difference

However we'll get a very good idea of their judgement and thought processes when these targets emerge

No where to hide now...they have to pull the rabbit from the hat or we're in deep trouble
15:53, Sat 30 Dec
It's got to the stage where it's 50/50 on whether to "give him the window" or "show him the door"
I must admit I'm 50/50 in my thoughts atm.
We really have been trying to run before we can walk IMO.
I think to get some balance we really need to get some experienced battlers in the spine of the team on loan until the end of the season, a few good seasoned pro's like when we got Bruce in at the back. he was a leader on the field and inspiration to the younger players.
Our current crop of young 'uns would benefit from some wise heads until the end of the season, then we can regroup in the summer and start slowly building a team that is capable of playing the style of "no fear football"

It really was impossible for this to happen overnight..... I would have a lot more respect for the management and backroom staff if they could hold their hands up and say the transition has been too quick to be successful..... It was shown in a way against Brizzle by not being adventurous
16:00, Sat 30 Dec
Phil Jones? The guy who hasn’t played for what feels like about 7 years? Absolutely not.
16:08, Sat 30 Dec
Unless we can bring in a keeper, CB and striker (even if Stansfield stays) and who can play Rooney's 'style' of football then we either need to change how we approach games or change the manager.
16:14, Sat 30 Dec
Yep
16:23, Sat 30 Dec
Phil Jones? I rather have Harlee Dean back in the club.
16:25, Sat 30 Dec
I think we should sign Mamadou Sakho to reinforce the defense.

Former Liverpool defender, recently sacked for fighting with his manager on the training pitch.

Should make training a bit more interesting.