14:23, Sat 30 Dec
If you go to a football match, or into any public place, and shout abuse at someone they have every right to give you abuse back.

Neither of you is right, and you have both done the wrong thing - but don't act like a prick and start complaining about it when someone gives back exactly what they've taken.

Who did you run too before there was social media ? ... your mum ? ... the teacher ? ... if you think you're a bif enough person to give abuse then you should be big enough to take it back
14:23, Sat 30 Dec
You bastard
14:29, Sat 30 Dec
Rags
If you go to a football match, or into any public place, and shout abuse at someone they have every right to give you abuse back.

Neither of you is right, and you have both done the wrong thing - but don't act like a prick and start complaining about it when someone gives back exactly what they've taken.

Who did you run too before there was social media ? ... your mum ? ... the teacher ? ... if you think you're a bif enough person to give abuse then you should be big enough to take it back

Can I add to this please Rags?

Obvs a generalised rant, not at anyone specific on here but...

I get people have beef with Cook and he's going to have to expect some shit at the game. However, there is zero reason to shout abuse at ordinary staff at games, something which has happened at the last two. Frustration and anger are understandable but let's not be dickheads with it.
14:35, Sat 30 Dec
El Mayor
Rags

I get people have beef with Cook and he's going to have to expect some shit at the game. However, there is zero reason to shout abuse at ordinary staff at games, something which has happened at the last two. Frustration and anger are understandable but let's not be dickheads with it.

When you say 'ordinary staff', who are you referring to? Coaches? Refreshments sellers? Turnstile operators? Players?

Who's been getting the abuse???

I've not witnessed anything, other than the some booing from the stands, especially noticeable when WR came walking towards the Tilton to applaud the fans (for their patience and support) at full time last night.
the king loves me
14:40, Sat 30 Dec
Rags

I hate it i really do ..... just yesterday someone in Morrisons was having a right go at the cashier, and then the very polite supervisor, over some term and condition on their store card that wouldn't allow the customer to try whatever it was they wanted to do. I said to the eejit .... "oh yes, 'cos Christiana, the cashier at some branch of Morrisons they have probably never heard of, on minimum wage, can stop work, leave her till and ring up the CEO of Morrisons, who will obviously know her personally, on some secret hotline and tell them they have to change the entire business strategy 'cos Mr Tw@t of Worcester doesn't like it and is incapable of reading a sign"

i find it quite easy to make enemies for some reason
14:41, Sat 30 Dec
I was not a fan of Rooney's appmt but i was in the GML last night and was cringing when a few were roaring the 'C' word at him as he was walking to the tunnel.

I am not a shrinking violet, stood on terraces in 80s/90s and travelled away so i have heard and seen everything but why some people cant just shut their mouths at certain times is beyond me. Shows lack of class, decency imo as well as being cowardly

Lots of us are angry at moment but some things you don"t do. If WR had a go back i am sure they'd be moaning too or been embarrassed into silence
14:42, Sat 30 Dec
Casper
El Mayor
Rags

When you say 'ordinary staff', who are you referring to? Coaches? Refreshments sellers? Turnstile operators? Players?

Who's been getting the abuse???

I've not witnessed anything, other than the some booing from the stands, especially noticeable when WR came walking towards the Tilton to applaud the fans (for their patience and support) at full time last night.

I'm talking about ordinary backroom staff; admin people who might have been sat in the nicer areas as a reward for some really hard work done really well this year.
Unfortunately, there’s a lot of Angry Franks that go to football matches. Think they know best.
Linked Image
14:51, Sat 30 Dec
We’ve got some right fannies in our ranks.

One example that will always stick with me is the DvB Elmohamady when we played them lot last at home. Our fans were giving him dogs abuse all game, including chucking the clappers at him (and any other DvB in range). He gave a bit back after they scored and there were people at the game and online crying about how he was antagonising the crowd.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
Bordesley not Small Heath
I was not a fan of Rooney's appmt but i was in the GML last night and was cringing when a few were roaring the 'C' word at him as he was walking to the tunnel.

I am not a shrinking violet, stood on terraces in 80s/90s and travelled away so i have heard and seen everything but why some people cant just shut their mouths at certain times is beyond me. Shows lack of class, decency imo as well as being cowardly

Lots of us are angry at moment but some things you don"t do. If WR had a go back i am sure they'd be moaning too or been embarrassed into silence

"Roaring the C word at him, as he was walking to the tunnel" - from a game which he just steered us to a draw?

Just unbelievable, pathetic, and embarrassing to every sane Blues fan. I hope the C who delivered that, never comes back to St Andrews.
the king loves me
15:05, Sat 30 Dec
I thought the Watkins thing at Brentford was weird, he picked out one fan who had been shouting stuff at him all game and stared at him for ages after he scored. Is it possible to pick out one fan in a crowd as the one shouting at you? I'd have thought it was just all noise, clearly not though.
15:55, Sat 30 Dec
Interesting that this was in the Guardian today given your comments

[www.theguardian.com]
16:09, Sat 30 Dec
Not defending anyone who behaves like this in the stands, but if people in the game want to try and reduce the antagonism from fans, they need to consider the example set by players losing control, running up to referees, brawling, spitting, swearing, kicking advertising hoardings etc. Managers have a part in this too, too many of them can be seen going berserk with bulging eyes, acting as if their world has caved in because a decision went against them.

It's not that difficult to do if you introduce harsh rules and punishments and then stick to them like glue, but they seem incapable of doing this. But it seems obvious to me that fans are highly tuned in to the reactions of the players they have come to see and if the players behave like out of control thugs then it's likely that some of the fans in the stands will end up doing the same.
16:10, Sat 30 Dec
Has the person involved in the argument or slanging match posted that they are arsed, or are you just having one of your fantasy moments again?
16:14, Sat 30 Dec
Interesting that this was in the Guardian today given your comments

[www.theguardian.com]

Thanks ... a very thought provoking piece.

I don't want to duck out of a response but it would be so lengthy, multi-tiered and extensive (extending far beyond football) that i simply wouldn't have the time to devote to writing something properly in response - as opposed to the fairly short pithy ephemeral responses that messageboards and forums exist for