17:46, Sat 30 Dec
I have a Philips TV which has android operating system and want similar for a different room but ideally need play store or more specifically need to be able to get the downloader app so I can download something to the TV. I know Samsung and lg have their own operating system but not sure i will be able to get the downloader app it's bright orange as I'm not sure if it's just a Google play store thing?
18:08, Sat 30 Dec
I have a few decent TVs and just use firestick/cube on all of them tbh.
i have 2 x Sony TV's with Google TV OS and have used the downloader app on both of them. Much better to direct load them onto TV than using firestick loaded apps in my experience, picture and stabilty of app wise

Any TV with the Google TV OS should do what you want, personally think it's a better TV OS than LG or Samsung own inhouse versions, even downloader app aside
18:17, Sat 30 Dec
Sam'The Man'Cosgrove
I have a few decent TVs and just use firestick/cube on all of them tbh.

I'd rather not use the firestick any more. I prefer using apps through the TV, quicker and easier and it might be a coincidence but don't seem to get buffering. I find my fire sticks overheat too.
NotFitToLaceDeanPeersBoots
i have 2 x Sony TV's with Google TV OS and have used the downloader app on both of them. Much better to direct load them onto TV than using firestick loaded apps in my experience, picture and stabilty of app wise

Any TV with the Google TV OS should do what you want
, personally think it's a better TV OS than LG or Samsung own inhouse versions, even downloader app aside

That's exactly why I'm asking. I want to get rid of my firesticks. Main TV is sound but it cost me 700 quid. I'm now looking for one for another room but don't want to spend 700 again.

Yeah I know mate, I was wondering if it would work on TV that don't use Google os.