21:46, Sat 30 Dec
A favoured post- match Blues pub that has fell out of favour since it’s closure and then reopening a year or two back. Was in there tonight, very quiet, but about to re-install tv screens for sky football, so hopefully see a few more Blues in their pre and post match.

Also, plan is for an upstairs restaurant later in the year. Not sure it’ll work given the location, but just thought I’d pass this on.

Keep proper pubs alive.

👍
21:47, Sat 30 Dec
Went in there after Tuesday’s debacle
Tony Fantastico
21:48, Sat 30 Dec
You’ll have to make yourself known to me, Rab. Would love to meet the legend.
21:50, Sat 30 Dec
Tbf I went in during Tuesdays debacle. But yeah will do.
I always think of you as one of the ones I like off twitter
Tony Fantastico
22:05, Sat 30 Dec
Have been in a couple of times since it reopened, new gaffer and staff seem nice people and really want the pub to work

Would be good to see a few more back in to support them and some of brums heritage before we lose yet another boozer

Interesting fact from someone last night - the rainbow is now the last pub all the way to the Old Bill and Bull
22:09, Sat 30 Dec
Hate to disappoint you, Rab, but although I’m on Twitter, I never post there.
22:13, Sat 30 Dec
Was excellent 60 years ago. Enjoyed many a good pint there on the way from New Street Station.
Mind you the Midland hotel opposite New Street Station used to sell “Holdens Golden” - my favourite pint brewed in Dudley, home to many a good Micro breweries in those days. Plus TF, Bob Latchford and Bob Hatton - pure ecstasy. My best years and Blues too.
The Sixth Mass Extinction is here.
mad
22:15, Sat 30 Dec
Love all those old Irish pubs on Bradford Street

Trouble with those pubs these days is there's just better (albeit pricier) options in town now

Pub crawl now ends up with maybe one last pint round there before the walk up to the ground

That simply wasn't the case 20+ years ago town was a bit crap for proper pubs so it was Digbeth pre and post match for 5-6 solid hours

Hopefully the Digbeth area picks up once the roadworks finish and these places hang on in there
22:15, Sat 30 Dec
Mr Driscoll
I’ll get you a pint after the next debacle 😁
Tony Fantastico
22:20, Sat 30 Dec
Used it most Fridays about 15 years ago
22:24, Sat 30 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Mr Driscoll
I’ll get you a pint after the next debacle 😁

👍
22:29, Sat 30 Dec
😂😂😂😂😂😂
10:23, Sun 31 Dec
spionkop
Was excellent 60 years ago. Enjoyed many a good pint there on the way from New Street Station.
Mind you the Midland hotel opposite New Street Station used to sell “Holdens Golden” - my favourite pint brewed in Dudley, home to many a good Micro breweries in those days. Plus TF, Bob Latchford and Bob Hatton - pure ecstasy. My best years and Blues too.

I love this post.

I've spent many evenings in the White Swan after music rehearsals in Digbeth or when I was living on Bradford Street.

It is a time capsule that you can feel the history when you are sat in there. 60 years is some link to Brummie past.

It is one of them where we use it or lose it but people (including me) are not taking heed.

Surely it can't stay alive for too much longer, I hope it does mind.
10:41, Sun 31 Dec
Mr Driscoll

Likewise. We’re in there on and off these days but used to be there every game for years when Angie still had it.

The new ones seem to be making a better go of it than Nigel managed. It’s a bit of a mystery as to how it’s got so quiet though as it used to be rammed.
12:19, Sun 31 Dec
Mr Driscoll

You'd be totally underwhelmed