17:24, Mon 1 Jan
Is that for the first time in years we had some hope of a season that could have been something other than 19th place and looking at the bottom 3

There is no way I would have backed us to make the play offs under Eustace but there are very very few sides who are out of the race at this point of the season

And we're one of them, again

And its really effing annoying and frustrating

Another wasted season
17:26, Mon 1 Jan
August 12th 2023.
Walking up to St Andrews buzzing with hope and optimism.
Last minute winner capped it all off....

Now the home games are nothing but a chore yet again with a divided and toxic fan base.
17:28, Mon 1 Jan
That’s what makes it worse. Under the Chinese apathy reigned and we kind of expected to be toss, and near the bottom, but given the takeover, optimism and hope, for it to be extinguished and us to be a laughing stock again, and sleepwalking to relegation is hard to take.
Agree

Sensible fans were saying ' steady the ship' following departure of last owners and hopefully top 10 finish. I would have been happy with that

Even without promotion i was looking forward to a half decent season.

That Sunny day in August v Leeds when B9 was buzzing feels a million miles away now. There was so much hope then
17:33, Mon 1 Jan
What was the rush to transition to this no fear football. Everyone knows we can make moves in the transfer market in the Summer as all our high earners are out of contract.
17:35, Mon 1 Jan
The most annoying thing for me is how predictable this was when Rooney was announced, been there done it a few times.
But haven't we had good starts for a number of seasons now. We seem to have optimism, enjoy the sunny warm weather, our signings look great. Whether it is Chong v luton, Vilalba & Sanchez ripping it up. Second the autumn sets in everything goes to cack and those same players can't pass, shoot or defend.
17:40, Mon 1 Jan
Is that for the first time in years we had some hope of a season that could have been something other than 19th place and looking at the bottom 3

There is no way I would have backed us to make the play offs under Eustace but there are very very few sides who are out of the race at this point of the season

And we're one of them, again

And its really effing annoying and frustrating

Another wasted season

Yup.

I reckon the vitriol against Eustace if we were in this position wouldn't be half as bad as Rooney. We'd be like thanks John all the best but were gonna move on.

John was liked he brought us all together and we felt like we were moving forwards, not backwards.

We have absolutely no feeling towards Rooney one way or another than this aint the job for him and its not working. And we are 100% moving backwards, pitch and fans.

It will get bitter the longer this goes on. Like Zola.

The fans called it. And we were correct. Who knew?
17:43, Mon 1 Jan
Tbf mate that is spot on, and has been every season for us since monks.
17:47, Mon 1 Jan
BlueSteve
What was the rush to transition to this no fear football. Everyone knows we can make moves in the transfer market in the Summer as all our high earners are out of contract.

A slight concern for me... Is are we going to make it through to the summer in this division. But a worry would be, how many of the current squad can play the Rooney way ? With FFP regulations, can we just go out and buy a new 22 man squad ?
17:48, Mon 1 Jan
666VAN
BlueSteve

A slight concern for me... Is are we going to make it through to the summer in this division. But a worry would be, how many of the current squad can play the Rooney way ? With FFP regulations, can we just go out and buy a new 22 man squad ?

I’m starting to think there isn’t a Rooney way of playing.
17:49, Mon 1 Jan
No we can’t, which is why I maintain we need a manager that can get the best out of our current squad, and then add a couple signings to improve it. Rooney can’t do it. So for Rooney to work we need like you say an entirely new team, but this isn’t fifa where you can just discard an entire team and buy a new one if it’s not good enough.
17:50, Mon 1 Jan
There isn’t. We’ve played so many different styles, formations and plans since he came in. We’ve actually now gone back to more like how Eustace played.
17:51, Mon 1 Jan
There isn’t. We’ve played so many different styles, formations and plans since he came in. We’ve actually now gone back to more like how Eustace played.

It happened weeks ago...commentators talking about how Rooney has got us playing on the counter.

I was like.....hold on.
17:57, Mon 1 Jan
It's the hope that kiils