17:57, Mon 1 Jan
Striking similarities for me

A CEO who’s been been sided by a big name

Whilst Gerard did at least win the SPL in his defence, he was up against a Celtic team under Neil Lennon. I think we can all agree hardly a managerial giant

NSWE made very sure they sought sound advice and Purslow was sidelined for the follow appointment

I would expect we like any club would have made provision for a replacement. Surely the vast majority of us know that time has arrived. You don’t come back from losing the away support.

I’m not privy to what process we have in place for sourcing and selection of a replacement. I just hope calm heads prevail and Wagner seeks counsel from wise heads within football. There are some decent candidates available…… and not rely on a commercially savvy and very competent CEO for Rooneys replacement

Edit I also accept I don’t know Rooney was 100% Cooks man, but I suspect he was

IMO
Said this before - doesn't necessarily mean the end of Cook though if his next appointment is a good one.

Purslow was a snide, btw.
Up the feckin Blues
18:01, Mon 1 Jan
Gerard...Emery
Rooney...?????
18:02, Mon 1 Jan
The vile sacked gerrard after a 3-0 defeat to Fulham I believe, in which their fans turned. So their owners acted on what had become an untenable situation. Do we think ours will do the same?
18:06, Mon 1 Jan
No
18:06, Mon 1 Jan
Again ( I say this with no great satisfaction as I wanted Rooney to work despite like a lot of us not my choice) hopefully a striking similarity

Gerard also sought to deflect and blame players. Mings and the captaincy really split their fan base.