18:02, Mon 1 Jan
When was the last time we signed a player who was in form and could even be described as his clubs best player?

I can't think of anyone in the current squad who that would describe and even going back a couple of seasons I am struggling.
18:03, Mon 1 Jan
Nvm misread the post.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:04, Mon 1 Jan
Che Adams?
18:05, Mon 1 Jan
ThekombiChronicles
When was the last time we signed a player who was in form and could even be described as his clubs best player?

I can't think of anyone in the current squad who that would describe and even going back a couple of seasons I am struggling.

Sam Cosgrove ?
18:07, Mon 1 Jan
Maybe Jerome from Cardiff
18:09, Mon 1 Jan
Were Colin and Dean regulars at Brentford? Or Jota for that matter?

I suppose Che is a good shout.
18:11, Mon 1 Jan
ThekombiChronicles
Were Colin and Dean regulars at Brentford? Or Jota for that matter?

I suppose Che is a good shout.

Sorry... Edited my response. But yeah, there was uproar from the Brentford fans when they lost them.
18:11, Mon 1 Jan
It's worrying that we have to go that far back for names.

Surely this is something that was to be addressed moving forward.

Even if it is picking up some players lower down the leagues who have let their contracts run down so they can push for a move higher up.
A certain French World Cup winner
18:13, Mon 1 Jan
Clayton Donaldson?

He left Brentford on a free but had been their top scorer when they got promoted and player of the year the season before that.
It doesn't always work. Stockdale was in the championship team of the season when we signed him....
18:15, Mon 1 Jan
Andrew Shinnie
18:17, Mon 1 Jan
Just had a quick read and Colin had lost his spot and was being used as a left back. Jota had been out on loan, but had come back and forced his way in.

Dean had been dropped and stripped of captaincy, as he was refusing to sign a new contract.

They were all good for us in spells though.
18:18, Mon 1 Jan
Yeah Jota is the answer

He was an exiting signing, thought we'd got what would be one of the best players in the Champ

They saw us coming
It doesn't always work and some players will struggle to adjust, or the move wasn't right for them.

Stockdale should have stayed at Brighton, but chased the money.

I still reckon building a team of players who were previously playing well is better than Premier League cast offs.

So many of our team is built of players not wanted by their former clubs and there must be reasons for that.

I think back to some of our better signings and a lot for me have been players coming to make the step up, not players leaving bigger clubs.