08:55, Tue 2 Jan
Do we need any?

Asking for a friend.
08:57, Tue 2 Jan
Yes, we do.

We're under achieving with what we've got (10 points from 15 games ratio is relegation by a mile) , but I think it's a 60 points a season squad.

The spine of the team needs an upgrade
09:01, Tue 2 Jan
I don't actually think we are that far off being a mid table side players wise and we're definitely not a 6 points out of 27 team.

This obviously falls at the feet of Rooney and co he needs to go now surely
09:07, Tue 2 Jan
Guess it depends on where you see us. The players we have are, with a decent manager, more then capable of mid-table/top half. I think the majority of fans would have taken that at the start of the season
09:11, Tue 2 Jan
Yes, we do.

We're under achieving with what we've got (10 points from 15 games ratio is relegation by a mile) , but I think it's a 60 points a season squad.

The spine of the team needs an upgrade

it depends on "players to do what ?"

We don't need new players to merely stay up - the existing squad (if you include Stansfield) is easily capable of that - they just need good careful management, clever strategy, confidence and good spirit. Hopefully Rooney has an epiphany and can deliver us those things.

To turn us into a play-off squad ? .. Oh we definitely need a new Donaldson type centre-forward - but then we have for a good few years now.
09:12, Tue 2 Jan
Getting a poor workman better tools doesn't really help.

You've said yourself this is not a relegation squad. It is not a promotion one either. This season was about getting through another year in the Championship and then the rebuild that matters can start - more revenue in and a number of big salaries out.

Whether with Rooney (or someone else) in charge splunking cash on new playing staff in January is not the answer or really necessary IMO.
Depends what we need them for - Promotion, mid table obscurity, not be relegated. We only need new ones for a promotion push. The current squad is more than capable of finishing 13th
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:39, Tue 2 Jan
Hopefully Rooney has an epiphany and can deliver us those things.

He can't and he won't
Injuries are certainly an issue but this squad fully fit is plenty good enough to achieve mid-table finish this season BUT we definitely need someone to play up top - even someone fairly mediocre who understands the role properly would surely improve us massively.
09:48, Tue 2 Jan
Injuries are certainly an issue but this squad fully fit is plenty good enough to achieve mid-table finish this season BUT we definitely need someone to play up top - even someone fairly mediocre who understands the role properly would surely improve us massively.

Against Huddersfield and WBA we scored more actual goals than i think we've had shots on target over the last few matches - Laird and Buchanan were both injured for those games and all players who played (apart from Bielik) have been available for our most recent games.

It isn't just that we aren't winning anymore - we're not creating either.
09:48, Tue 2 Jan
We need a new manager first. Obviously we need new players. I’m just wondering who the hell would want to come into this shitshow unless they are desperate ? We might have a bigger problem in hanging onto to what we have got.
Fat Buddha CBE
Do we need any?

Asking for a friend.

I'm as disgruntled with Wayne as anyone, but we obviously need another striker in January.
09:55, Tue 2 Jan
We need a new keeper that is steadfastly evident.
09:57, Tue 2 Jan
Rags

Against Huddersfield and WBA we scored more actual goals than i think we've had shots on target over the last few matches - Laird and Buchanan were both injured for those games and all players who played (apart from Bielik) have been available for our most recent games.

It isn't just that we aren't winning anymore - we're not creating either.

Yeah, there's been a weird revisionism that Eustace had a near-full squad, despite multiple posts months back about Eustace not being clear enough about when players were returning from injuries in his "uncharismatic" press conferences
10:10, Tue 2 Jan
in jan we might pick up a CM, Keeper and maybe a CF of some description

might have to wait to the summer for new centre halves