11:35, Tue 2 Jan
Been seeing a lot of comments online about what business to expect in January (in or out of the club). Personally I was expecting very little anyway.

Rooney going seems to make it far more complicated on potential incomings I assume?

Hopefully there was always a Plan B for a situation like this. Will Craig G be trusted to oversee this without a first team Manager to discuss targets with?
12:09, Tue 2 Jan
forget spending money this window. We arent going up, we arent going down. Let's utlilise the squad we have competently, don't sell anyone we want (JJ) and let the overhaul commence in the summer when the new gaffer has had 6 months to assess it
12:13, Tue 2 Jan
Yeah I'd agree with that, although a loan CF might be useful?
12:19, Tue 2 Jan
yeah and a keeper if the new fella is going to persist playing out - think we can have some wriggle room with loans
12:20, Tue 2 Jan
JJ is off to Italy it looks. Funding our transfer window
Why so negative? We're only 12 points off the play-offs...
Disgrace of a fee if true
Palmerliam11
JJ is off to Italy it looks. Funding our transfer window ex managers lifestyles
Up the feckin Blues
12:23, Tue 2 Jan
Chris
Why so negative? We're only 12 points off the play-offs...

I'd rather consolidate and let the new fella overhaul in the summer - I think selling JJ to fund a trolley dash this month is short sighted - especially at the fee mentioned which won't allow us to get much through the door
12:25, Tue 2 Jan
No chance there would’ve been a “ plan b “
They’ve reacted to the away fans at Leeds . Only my opinion of course.
So in that case how would they have been in contact with a potential replacement? Going to get players in with no manager ? Situation is a joke
12:31, Tue 2 Jan
Be shocked if Hannibal isn’t back on loan as JJ replacement.
Cheap option until a more permanent replacement is found in the summer.

Nailed on!

We must be right up against ffp if we’re accepting £4.5mil for JJ who’s contracted until 2026.
Smacks of a desperate sell imo.
12:49, Tue 2 Jan
£3.9m, 4.5m euros weren't it? Grim if true.
12:51, Tue 2 Jan
Peakyblue

Just enough to pay off Wayne & his mates.

Appoint Cooper & Sell JJ for peanuts, it’s just blues ain’t it.
12:51, Tue 2 Jan
Let’s see what happens with Stansfield. If he goes he has to be replaced. We cannot go through the rest of the season with what we have left in terms of striker options.
12:53, Tue 2 Jan
Peakyblue

Would like more

However, even £4m, in ffp terms gives you £16m of headroom (assumes signings made on 4 year contracts) in this window