14:10, Tue 2 Jan
I wonder if the plan all along was the board wanted their own man, they suspected Rooney would fail but were willing to take the hit and him become the booing figure in order for JE to leave.

Blues would be talked more about in the media, and then the new man would come in to fanfare/hero reception from the fans - the sacking of JE forgotten about and Rooneys replacement is accepted with jubilation and the new era starts from now…….
14:11, Tue 2 Jan
Dry January not going well?
14:11, Tue 2 Jan
🤣
14:13, Tue 2 Jan
Waggeh
Dry January not going well?

it was going alright till they sacked rooney then i had a pint to celebrate
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
14:16, Tue 2 Jan
I wouldn't be that shocked if Eustace came back in the next few days due to already being on the payroll.
14:18, Tue 2 Jan
sandpit72
I wouldn't be that shocked if Eustace came back in the next few days due to already being on the payroll.

I can't believe people actually think this is likely.

You've got more chance of winning the euro millions

All ex managers stay on the payroll until their contract expires, they get a new job or they come to an agreement on a settlement.
14:20, Tue 2 Jan
I'll post it again

14:41, Tue 2 Jan
Brummagem
I wonder if the plan all along was the board wanted their own man, they suspected Rooney would fail but were willing to take the hit and him become the booing figure in order for JE to leave.

Blues would be talked more about in the media, and then the new man would come in to fanfare/hero reception from the fans - the sacking of JE forgotten about and Rooneys replacement is accepted with jubilation and the new era starts from now…….

By my reckoning, we've established 5 years worth of managers fees over the course of 3 months, for managers we no longer have. That's a hell of a lot of expenditure for a few clicks on the website.
14:44, Tue 2 Jan
I think you’re thinking too much into it Chris.
14:44, Tue 2 Jan
Just this appointment I am referring to.
14:45, Tue 2 Jan
👍🏻
14:45, Tue 2 Jan
😂
14:46, Tue 2 Jan
Brummagem
Just this appointment I am referring to.

Wouldn't you have give him a shorter contract, if you'd brought him in as a fall guy ?
14:49, Tue 2 Jan
Maybe there was a clause in his contract which allowed the contract to be terminated if he wasn’t doing well (think I’ve saw it referenced as a break clause or something like that in another thread) - or, if he did well and saw out his contract or longer it was a win win…..