16:35, Tue 2 Jan
Latest Birmingham City news as BBC pundits and former players Gary Lineker and Micah Richards debate Birmingham City dismissal of Wayne Rooney

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
16:36, Tue 2 Jan
Lineker anti sacking, Richards sort-of pro to save your phone contracting diabetes with a click.
16:49, Tue 2 Jan
Lineker is anti everything
17:00, Tue 2 Jan
You don't walk into a club and change everything on day one. Players need to adapt and WR should have known this and adapted as he went along. Instead he asked for too much too soon and it backfired, that is a clear case of bad management. He had 15 games ffs and they were a complete shambles.
17:29, Tue 2 Jan
You don't walk into a club and change everything on day one. Players need to adapt and WR should have known this and adapted as he went along. Instead he asked for too much too soon and it backfired, that is a clear case of bad management. He had 15 games ffs and they were a complete shambles.

That’s on Cook, not Rooney.
17:40, Tue 2 Jan
Is it possible it's a bit of both, and Rooney was being chivvied along to make a seismic change but should have known better and tried to be more incremental? There's an argument Rooney could have been cannier and argued - probably rightly - that those increments were necessary?
17:43, Tue 2 Jan
Well it wouldn’t be much of an argument seeing as the CEO sacked the previous manager for exactly that…
17:50, Tue 2 Jan
If Mr. Line-acre thinks its wrong then it must be right.
18:33, Tue 2 Jan
But they wanted Rooney regardless so he held greater sway than Eustace would have had in terms of implementing anything.

Rooney would have had "the king's ear" as you might call it and would've been listened to more than Eustace would have. And he should have explained this.

Do you see my point at least?
19:23, Tue 2 Jan
No, I don’t really.

What I see is a manager who was brought in too soon and who was given a very public brief but not the players to fulfil that brief, then was sacked days before any suitable players that may have helped were signed.

I see a CEO who went off half-cocked, a manager who was unable to fulfil an impossible task and a set of fans whose vitriol has forced the new owners to abandon their plan.

I see a myopic fan base who don’t care for mitigating circumstances, only immediate results who are now congratulating themselves whilst lording it over fans who advocated patience.

I see a lot of hyperbole, lies, rumour, supposition and fantasy passed off as facts.

I see more of the same, regardless of who the new manager is, because fans always think they know best.

And in the immediate future I see many of those fans replying to this post telling me just how wrong I am and how right they are.
19:32, Tue 2 Jan
When Gary Lineker and Micah Richards successfully manage a football club then maybe we should listen to them. In the meantime while they steal a living talking utter shite we should ignore them.
19:36, Tue 2 Jan
Well, I see your point at least.

I will stick to the notion that Rooney was certainly afforded more voice and manoeuvrability in his position than Eustace was. Is that a truly unseeable point?

Also I'm suggesting culpability on both parts. Once again, is this "a madman speaks"? Seems on the softer side of things.
19:39, Tue 2 Jan
Wonder what would have happened if we held on against Plymouth. Seem to be in a good place then, momentum into the Stoke game.
19:43, Tue 2 Jan
Ribeye
Lineker is anti everything

Would be different though if it was Leicester
19:48, Tue 2 Jan
Agree 100%
Seems to me most on here think everything is all good now.
Should’ve given Rooney the players to help him. If possible obviously. If not there was no point getting him in the first place.
It’s like high fives all around on here ffs