17:02, Tue 2 Jan
Please Ted Lasso jibes we can do without
17:07, Tue 2 Jan
I reckon you're not going to be a very happy bunny
17:09, Tue 2 Jan
What have you heard?
17:09, Tue 2 Jan
Yeah, taking account of that needs to be a vital part of the appointment process...🤦
17:11, Tue 2 Jan
Novakainian
What have you heard?

Just a hunch, nothing more than that mate
17:14, Tue 2 Jan
If it is Marsch the Ted Lasso gag is going to wear very thin very quick.
17:16, Tue 2 Jan
I'm already sick of it and I don't know who or what a Ted Lasso is.
17:28, Tue 2 Jan
Tarquin

Marsch and Hasenhuttls CVs are pretty similar, but people seem to be happy with the latter but not the former. Both managed RB Leipzig, and both kept their respective Premier league teams up but werent able to kick on after that. Id be happy with either of them but there does seem to be a bit of prejudice in the UK when it comes to american coaches.

I get the feeling that if Marsch had a Portuguese sounding name, most blues fans would be delighted to be linked to him.
17:30, Tue 2 Jan
Not if the Portuguese fella had the same history as Jesse
17:32, Tue 2 Jan
The last thing we need is Marsch. Did someone have Tom Wagner's email to tell him?
17:32, Tue 2 Jan
Spot on
17:35, Tue 2 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
Not if the Portuguese fella had the same history as Jesse

MLS coach of the year, won the Austria Bundasliga, managed in the europa league, champions league, german bundasliga and premier league.

Id argue him going to a team thats been flirting with championship relegation for the majority of the last 11 seasons is a bit of a step down for him.
17:37, Tue 2 Jan
BeauBarry
Tarquin

Marsch and Hasenhuttls CVs are pretty similar, but people seem to be happy with the latter but not the former. Both managed RB Leipzig, and both kept their respective Premier league teams up but werent able to kick on after that. Id be happy with either of them but there does seem to be a bit of prejudice in the UK when it comes to american coaches.

I get the feeling that if Marsch had a Portuguese sounding name, most blues fans would be delighted to be linked to him.

Hassenhuttl lasted 4 years in the prem, and did better with Leipzig than Marsch did. There probably is prejudice for american coaches, but I would take the former over the latter any day of the week
17:38, Tue 2 Jan
I’m fed up of trying to make rational, evidence based arguments so here’s my last word on Jesse:

He’s a fecking clown.
17:40, Tue 2 Jan
mjd2505
BeauBarry
Tarquin

Hassenhuttl lasted 4 years in the prem, and did better with Leipzig than Marsch did. There probably is prejudice for american coaches, but I would take the former over the latter any day of the week

Hassenhuttls record compared to Marsch is far better….. they finished 2nd under him at Leipzig….Marsch lasted 140 days !!

Bottom when he took over at Saints and stayed up. Then finished 11th following season……. His record is way better than Marsch’s