00:25, Wed 3 Jan
What is the average cost these days? Supply and install

The make is an Ideal logic plus 2 and we to include a halo system.
07:12, Wed 3 Jan
I'd be looking at charging about £2,500.00 supply and fit at least. The boiler and halo is about £1,500.00 to supply. Then there will be a few lengths of pipe and fittings needed, maybe an upgrade
of the gas pipe sizing?? So ye I'd prepare yourself for at least £2,500.00 mate.
07:15, Wed 3 Jan
I paid 2200 for a baxi 830 i believe. With hive system fitted and checked we do have 22mm gas feed. Rad flush and magnetic filter thingy majig.
08:12, Wed 3 Jan
Glad someone bought this up. I'm planning on a new boiler this year and trying to decide the best make.
Worcester has been mentioned, would appreciate recommendations.
08:17, Wed 3 Jan
Have a look at the warranties, some now come with 10 year ones but your engineer may need to be approved to supply that level of warranty.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
08:21, Wed 3 Jan
Robert Hopkins
Have a look at the warranties, some now come with 10 year ones but your engineer may need to be approved to supply that level of warranty.

We are getting a 7 + 2 (something to do with a filter) so 9 years. He is approved.
08:22, Wed 3 Jan
Rail
Glad someone bought this up. I'm planning on a new boiler this year and trying to decide the best make.
Worcester has been mentioned, would appreciate recommendations.

Robert Hopkins will be able to help you.
Tam
09:13, Wed 3 Jan
Funnily enough, just had one fitted yesterday. The old boiler broke down over Christmas (should have got her a better present, I suppose). It’s a decent one, a Vaillant - £2700 fitted. Can’t go far wrong with Worcester-Bosch either.
Make Blues Great Again
09:28, Wed 3 Jan
Just make sure you get a boiler safety certificate, makes it basically impossible to sell or rent without.
No such thing as a boiler safety cert. Are you referring to an Gas Safety cert which is legally required for renting but makes no difference for selling or an installtion complaine cert which is needed for selling but not renting ?
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:45, Wed 3 Jan
What is the average cost these days? Supply and install

The make is an Ideal logic plus 2 and we to include a halo system.

I'm adding Combi Boiler to the list of managers mentioned - some of these America names eh !!
10:46, Wed 3 Jan
I was told baxi are the better make as they use brass fixtures or something that actually last. Very easy to work with and baxi are good company to deal with.

Worcester used to be good and still are but some parts are being swapped for cheaper units on newer models so my engineer prefers the baxi models. Dont quote me on those exact reasons.

Baxi has a 7 or 10 year warranty i believe.

Been fine since mine was fitted.
10:52, Wed 3 Jan
Tam
Tam
Funnily enough, just had one fitted yesterday. The old boiler broke down over Christmas (should have got her a better present, I suppose). It’s a decent one, a Vaillant - £2700 fitted. Can’t go far wrong with Worcester-Bosch either.

Worcester-bosch don't have a great reputation. Ideals are very good as to vaillant and baxi. But Robert Hopkins is right, one of the biggest selling points is the warranty 👍.
10:54, Wed 3 Jan
Also a lot of boiler fitters will suggest some brand of boilers simply because of how easy they are to fit.
Tam
10:57, Wed 3 Jan
Llanon_joe
Tam

Worcester-bosch don't have a great reputation. Ideals are very good as to vaillant and baxi. But Robert Hopkins is right, one of the biggest selling points is the warranty 👍.

I've always understood them to have a good reputation, but only lately be word of mouth recommendation from friends of mine in the trade.

This might help the OP

[www.which.co.uk]
Make Blues Great Again