12:18, Wed 3 Jan
Given that the tools (i.e. players) the new manager has to work with are the same as his predecessors I really hope the owners give some thought to how they introduce him when annpunced and don't plonk a great big load of brown stuff on his back with something similar to "no fear football".

Whoever it is I wish them all the best & we KRO.

(PS. No negative pun intended with use of the word "tools")
12:25, Wed 3 Jan
Hope lessons have been learned.
Up the feckin Blues
12:33, Wed 3 Jan
I hope the new manager comes in and collorates with the players. The Rooney era felt like a dictatorship. I also hope we do not waste money in January and get 2-3 loans in. Lets save the major re-build for the Summer.
12:34, Wed 3 Jan
its an interesting question

do they accept the remit to change the way we play with the players we currently have is over ambitious - it cost Rooney his job

difficult when they have committed to it so publicly and reinforced it at the open house

i think thats why we could end up appointing a stop gap until the summer when we can really shape the squad with the vision in mind and set it up for a new manager
12:39, Wed 3 Jan
“We are committed to doing what is necessary to bring success to St. Andrew’s.

“Unfortunately, Wayne’s time with us did not go as planned and we have decided to move in a different direction.

The search for a successor begins with immediate effect and we will update supporters when we have further news."

Read into that what you will
I am a little bit fed up of hearing about 'The project', 'no fear' 'playing styles' etc
In fairness to WR all this kind of talk put him under unnecessary pressure and left the club open to riducule

Hopefully, there is no 'public remit' and the new guy will be just announced simply as the new manager who will look to
take us forward and let him get on with it

If they want talk about remits, no fear, style, playing out from the back etc behind the scenes then that's up to them but
publicly I hope they don't start banging on with this BS all over again
Spot on mate.
Up the feckin Blues
12:45, Wed 3 Jan
I just hope the new man has the CV, credentials and respectability for the fans to take to him, believe in him and give him time. Rooney never had that from the start so his time was always limited.
12:46, Wed 3 Jan
I hope we don't abandon the strategy for increased possession and attacking football.

However I hope that with a bit of realism they delay the start date until the summer pre season and transfer window.

Id love to see 55% and above possession, increased chances made and taking our game to the opposition rather than adapting to what the opposition might do to us.

I just don't see that working when you've got juke, Hogan, Gardner, Roberts, long, ruddy, sunjic etc in the squad

I don't know why there was a rush to implement NOW and not apply a more suttle change until the summer when we can actually change the squad.
12:48, Wed 3 Jan
It all hinges on the appointment simple as that!

If they can’t get there guy right now and it has to be a steady eddy til the summer, then we should expect the footballing philosophy to be put on ice.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting that ambition set out by Cook and Wagner of front foot possession based football longer term.
But its why they should have just let JE see out the season, we all knew they were up against it ffp wise and the squad is what it is, but the summer of 2024 was always the time the revolution could seriously begin squad/spending wise.
Thats then when you make your manager move!

Hard lesson learnt by Mr Cook and co, let hope they can convince there #1 choice to take the job.
Bordesley not Small Heath
I am a little bit fed up of hearing about 'The project', 'no fear' 'playing styles' etc
In fairness to WR all this kind of talk put him under unnecessary pressure and left the club open to riducule

Hopefully, there is no 'public remit' and the new guy will be just announced simply as the new manager who will look to

If they want talk about remits, no fear, style, playing out from the back etc behind the scenes then that's up to them but

Fully agree. I know it’s a different era but can you imagine Brian Clough’s response to that kind of BS? He’d just say, if it’s ok with you I’ll put a team together that work hard, pass the ball to each other and I might just win you a European Cup if you’re lucky!
12:52, Wed 3 Jan
Hubris? A greater belief in the squad than was realistic? Realising we’ve bored the division to death for over a decade? Desperation to please a fan base starved of success and entertainment?

All of the above?
Got_the_blues
I hope we don't abandon the strategy for increased possession and attacking football.

However I hope that with a bit of realism they delay the start date until the summer pre season and transfer window.

Id love to see 55% and above possession, increased chances made and taking our game to the opposition rather than adapting to what the opposition might do to us.

I just don't see that working when you've got juke, Hogan, Gardner, Roberts, long, ruddy, sunjic etc in the squad

I don't know why there was a rush to implement NOW and not apply a more suttle change until the summer when we can actually change the squad.

Yeah, keep the strategy but there is no need to publicly put the onus on it this time round.
Give the manager any remits behind closed doors
Bordesley not Small Heath

We’ve gone too long with no ambition or aims.
I love it
Tony Fantastico
13:25, Wed 3 Jan
There's no need to roll back on the remit, simply slow it down instead. It should be evolution instead of revolution.