17:13, Wed 3 Jan
Don't think I've ever seen anything like this in Brum before, lad's a hero.

[news.sky.com]
17:15, Wed 3 Jan
Great story. Iā€™m afraid the pair may have been effed if I was out walking instead of him
Tony Fantastico
number8

[news.sky.com]

Well done fella..what a hero..Comes across as a great lad, saw him interviewed today.

Unfortunately, cars attempting to go through this particular ford ( and presumably other fords) when they shouldn't is nothing new, there's always cars stuck in there during high water.

I've even seen somebody drive around the 'Road closed' sign placed in the middle of the rd and attempt to go through this ford.

The crazy thing is that the detour via Wake Green Rd, Colebank Rd, Sarehole rd is about 2 minutes
17:19, Wed 3 Jan
number8

[news.sky.com]

Fantastic story... saw it on Midlands Today yesterday evening.
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
17:20, Wed 3 Jan
šŸ‘
17:21, Wed 3 Jan
They did very well there
Bordesley not Small Heath
number8

[news.sky.com]

Well done fella..what a hero..Comes across as a great lad, saw him interviewed today.

Unfortunately, cars attempting to go through this particular ford ( and presumably other fords) when they shouldn't is nothing new, there's always cars stuck in there during high water.

I've even seen somebody drive around the 'Road closed' sign placed in the middle of the rd and attempt to go through this ford.

The crazy thing is that the detour via Wake Green Rd, Colebank Rd, Sarehole rd is about 2 minutes

It used to happen when I was kid in the 70's + 80's round there (used to be a wooden walkway bridge then) but replaced it with a concrete one as it kept getting smashed when a car got wedged under it, there's a big f-off black and white ruler where the road meets the ford that shows how high the river is if you can't judege it yourself and the road either end is marked with flood signage.

As you say it is a 2 minute detour.

Couple of incidents in 2019

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

[www.itv.com]

Sure there are many more examples out there.

There used to be a person who went down to the bridge when it flooded and filmed people for youtube as he knew they were some stupid idiots everytime it flooded that would and try save 30 seconds instead of going round.

Another Ford down by Trittiford Mill Scribers Lane by the big bridge was another one that used to catch motorists out, back in the day. Don't hear of any problems so much now with that one though
Yeah ok. But the two folk still did a good thing?
Peakyblue
Yeah ok. But the two folk still did a good thing?

I agree, was just commenting on the motorists stupidity through the years at the exact same spot.
17:50, Wed 3 Jan
Top draw! Well done fella!
The Scribers Lane Ford and Slade Lane one have both been closed to cars for some years now.

Big Nige
18:33, Wed 3 Jan
Amazing story.

Still think it's odd that somebody would stand there and film it but I'm old.
18:36, Wed 3 Jan
It was his pregnant mrs to be fair.
Apparently, the lady never even said thankyou according a family member of his on a Fbook page.

Charming!
19:04, Wed 3 Jan
Mr Stych, speaking to the BBC, described himself as a human being with good instincts but insisted that he was not a hero.

You are a hero in my opinion.