17:06, Thu 4 Jan
So he's in the final three but has hardly been discussed on here.

What are the thoughts of SHA?

My initial feelings are:

- Right man right time at small Barnsley

- Not sure we can judge his Leeds team given he was binned for Bielsa which was probably just unlucky.

- Plays football the way out board will want. Proven he can do it with limited resources at Barnsley

- He got Sheff Utd promoted but with big parachute money and people like Verge.

Based on our current position and the time of the season he'd be second choice to Mowbray for me but ahead of Marsch.

If this was the summer I'd have Marsch ahead of him

Cheers.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
17:16, Thu 4 Jan
Feels like Mowbray but worse. No ta.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:18, Thu 4 Jan
Not for me, not convinced by him
Happy Clapper
17:18, Thu 4 Jan
It's almost strange how we've all completely ignored Heckingbottom, I think he's got a decent chance of being the new lad.

I wasn't overly impressed by his Sheffield united team last season when I saw them.
17:24, Thu 4 Jan
Nikola Zigic
So he's in the final three but has hardly been discussed on here.

What are the thoughts of SHA?

My initial feelings are:

- Right man right time at small Barnsley

- Not sure we can judge his Leeds team given he was binned for Bielsa which was probably just unlucky.

- Plays football the way out board will want. Proven he can do it with limited resources at Barnsley

- He got Sheff Utd promoted but with big parachute money and people like Verge.

Based on our current position and the time of the season he'd be second choice to Mowbray for me but ahead of Marsch.

If this was the summer I'd have Marsch ahead of him

Cheers.

He did take over Sheff Utd after they sacked Jokonovic who had the team struggling, didn't really add anyone and even sold Burke (which I can get behind)
Seems a million miles away from the high-profile,internationally-renowned figurehead who was so essential to "the project" that we had to sack Eustace.
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
17:25, Thu 4 Jan
No from me. Don't think he's any good to be fair.

I saw Jokanovic mentioned by someone else earlier and I know he didn't do well at Sheffield United but I've always thought he would be good for blues. I'd rather him than Heckingbottom
17:25, Thu 4 Jan
I'm pretty meh about both Heckingbottom and Marsch, tbh.

Mowbray not exactly revving my engines but at least it's semi-sensible and feels less risky
17:26, Thu 4 Jan
I'd rather have Mowbray I think. One name that never seems to be linked to championship or even lower premier league clubs is Ian Evatt at Bolton, he did a superb job at Barrow and is doing an equally brilliant job with Bolton, after a dodgy start. I'd have liked Evatt but I'm not a fan of poaching managers
17:27, Thu 4 Jan
I'd rather have Mowbray I think. One name that never seems to be linked to championship or even lower premier league clubs is Ian Evatt at Bolton, he did a superb job at Barrow and is doing an equally brilliant job with Bolton, after a dodgy start. I'd have liked Evatt but I'm not a fan of poaching managers

Hinterland
Improvement on Rooney? Yes
Improvement on Eustace? Not so sure
Gazball?
Will you mention this every other post until we hire Jose?
17:35, Thu 4 Jan
Wouldn’t want him. Haven’t thought much of his teams
My Blue Heaven
Will you mention this every other post until we hire Jose?

Doesn't much bother me who we go for (within reason) but I'm surprised that the vision the new regime set out so clearly when they arrived and appointed Rooney seems to have been dropped. Their reasoning for replacing Eustace - more exciting football, higher international profile - had a certain logic even if Rooney wasn't up to delivering it. What's the philosophy and strategy now?
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
Lock down France for good
Tony Fantastico