09:39, Fri 5 Jan
In todays Times

A former England Under-21 striker, Jerome got his break at Cardiff City, where he scored 18 Championship goals in the 2005-06 season but was told he would be sold due to the club’s financial troubles. Fearing that a niggling knee injury could get worse and scupper a move, the 20-year-old Jerome decided to sit out the final league game of the campaign against Coventry City.

Unknown to him, Steve Bruce was sitting in the row behind, having earmarked Jerome as the striker Birmingham City needed to fire the club into the top flight. “A few of the boys got fizzy drinks and we sat munching chocolate and sweets [during the game],” he recalls. “A couple of weeks later Bruce welcomed my signing with: ‘I wasted a whole afternoon watching you eating and I hope you haven’t been on sweets all summer.’ ”

Birmingham’s young squad, which also included Fabrice Muamba and Nicklas Bendtner, liked to let their hair down and, as high-profile figures who stood out in the city’s nightspots, they invariably got caught.

“The next day Steve would pull us into a circle to talk about training,” Jerome says. “You could see him getting angrier and explode, ‘Going to nightclubs? I know you’re young lads, but you’re not taking it serious. Don’t think I have not got eyes everywhere.’

“I told the lads we needed to stop as we kept getting caught. Gary McSheffrey had a plan for us to go out in Kenilworth, near Coventry, as no one would know. We were relaxed, sitting in a pub by a window and Bruce’s assistant Eric Black happened to walk past and peered in and saw us. We were toast. The captain, Damien Johnson, called us “stupid” but did his best to argue [our case] with Steve. Ten of us were each fined around £500.”
Not new, never had any respect for Andy Johnson after i saw him out in brum two days before worthington cup final
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:44, Fri 5 Jan
Loved Jerome at Blues, bumped into him once travelling back from Fulham away I think it was, really nice bloke.
“We decided we had to start moving further afield for our nights out. Amazingly we were there, sitting in the only pub in the artic circle, and Steve Bruce’s wife happened to walk past and peered through the igloo window. We were done for.”
09:48, Fri 5 Jan
and this was going on at the same time

[www.dailystar.co.uk]

Guess it's just footballers being footballers.

Still happens now but on a much more discreet level.
09:52, Fri 5 Jan
Woodhouse smashing up curry houses too
Will always remember him for one of the goals of the season vs Liverpool 🏆
09:54, Fri 5 Jan
haha what a picture from the Bendtner article

Linked Image
09:55, Fri 5 Jan
Don't get me started on sh*thouse

[www.express.co.uk]
09:58, Fri 5 Jan
MacAttack
and this was going on at the same time

[www.dailystar.co.uk]

Guess it's just footballers being footballers.

Still happens now but on a much more discreet level.

A great thread on Bendtner here. A great professional...

[twitter.com]
10:01, Fri 5 Jan
A despairing Bendtner laments "gold-diggers from the nightlife scene", and he resolves to stick to prostitutes.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Not new, never had any respect for Andy Johnson after i saw him out in brum two days before worthington cup final

I gained more respect for AJ after I saw him score a brace in Preston 5 days before the worthington cup final.

He was shit hot that night and I knew he was well up for the next match. Maybe TF told him to relax and enjoy a night out, to help alleviate any pre match nerves.
10:26, Fri 5 Jan
Looking at how he rips people off these days, he’s always been a piece of work
10:33, Fri 5 Jan
I remember in the build up to his fight with Frankie, that Woodhouse didn’t endear himself to the Blues contingent. I vaguely recall one particular press conference him baiting a few of the Gavin entourage and he was lucky he never got chinned then before the fight even took place.
10:39, Fri 5 Jan
Iain_Gavin
haha what a picture from the Bendtner article

Linked Image
What’s Peter Kay doing to him?
Tony Fantastico