18:45, Sat 6 Jan
Birmingham City drew 1-1 at Hull City in the FA Cup on Saturday - but it's likely to be Steve Spooner's only game in interim charge

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
19:02, Sat 6 Jan
“I’m not saying the players weren’t trying before but…”
19:08, Sat 6 Jan
Thongs
“I’m not saying the players weren’t trying before but…”

reflects badly on the players and the manager
hopefully the cull happens this summer and we get better classier players who don't cry when they don't like it. rooney was right just cou;dnt manage
19:11, Sat 6 Jan
Think what is shows is the players wasn’t happy full stop with rooneys approach and his attitude around the place it’s fairly obvious the squad didn’t like Rooney and it showed on the pitch whoever was playing ,
19:31, Sat 6 Jan
Have been saying it all along, players not giving there all. Didn’t help our situation even if Rooney was never gonna do the business.
19:32, Sat 6 Jan
Think what is shows is the players wasn’t happy full stop with rooneys approach and his attitude around the place it’s fairly obvious the squad didn’t like Rooney and it showed on the pitch whoever was playing ,

Which is odd considering almost everything you hear from people who’ve actually played for or with Rooney says what a good man manager he is and how good he is to have around.
19:34, Sat 6 Jan
Have been saying it all along, players not giving there all. Didn’t help our situation even if Rooney was never gonna do the business.

Indeed. What it actually means is Rooney could never do the business whether he was brilliant or clueless.
19:36, Sat 6 Jan
No, it shows that WCW is an atrocious manager, as his win record at all of his clubs shows.
The cold never bothered me anyway
19:38, Sat 6 Jan
And you’re an atrocious poster, as your 41,157 posts show.
19:54, Sat 6 Jan
You’re probably right, but best to just forget about Rooney now. He’s gone and it’s done.
19:55, Sat 6 Jan
Naive suggestion I realise but how about we stop fruitlessly debating past managers and focus on the present and future?!
20:00, Sat 6 Jan
My hope would be that posters could stop resorting to abusing other posters. It usually, in my humble opinion, is the last resort of someone who either has a few anger or personal issues, or who lacks the intellect to engage in proper debate.
Or sometimes both.
There is one poster on here for whom this issue, far from a last resort, is often an opening gambit
20:06, Sat 6 Jan
You’re probably right, but best to just forget about Rooney now. He’s gone and it’s done.

In the main it seems to be the ones who wanted him gone that are the ones to keep bringing him up. It’s almost as if getting what they wanted isn’t enough so they have to keep presenting ifs and buts as facts that prove how right they were. Some of us are just pointing out that ifs and buts aren’t facts and there are alternative ifs and buts to be considered.

Good luck getting this lot to move on, Rooney’s been gone a matter of days, so many on here haven’t got over Rowett yet and tha was 8 years ago.
20:07, Sat 6 Jan
My hope would be that posters could stop resorting to abusing other posters. It usually, in my humble opinion, is the last resort of someone who either has a few anger or personal issues, or who lacks the intellect to engage in proper debate.
Or sometimes both.
There is one poster on here for whom this issue, far from a last resort, is often an opening gambit

Eff off you effin’ effer 😡
20:16, Sat 6 Jan
Ooooh, what an impressive comeback.

Pffft.
The cold never bothered me anyway