01:25, Sun 7 Jan
Just refer yourself back to these two links, thats what I do......

Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
06:50, Sun 7 Jan
Maybe the blues job really is the poison chalice.

Karankas Boro were beautiful to watch that season. He didn’t become a shit manager overnight - maybe it’s always been the players the past 10+ years a mixture of has been’s and never will be’s and free transfers that nobody else wanted.
06:59, Sun 7 Jan
Watch the latest Fat Lads go in goal podcast Pugh explains his theory about the players , he makes some excellent points .
07:13, Sun 7 Jan
Episode - the wrong horse - that one?
07:21, Sun 7 Jan
The Boro fans ended up disliking Karanka too.
07:32, Sun 7 Jan
bluer than blues

Got them promoted to the prem though then struggled so they had enough of him which is unfair.

Old Tone could be zola Mk3 if the players don’t pull their fingers out.

You can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear.
07:45, Sun 7 Jan
I don’t remember the players being referred to as sow’s ears prior to Rooney this season.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
07:52, Sun 7 Jan
Super Hans
I don’t remember the players being referred to as sow’s ears prior to Rooney this season.

You’re potentially missing my point.

However many supposed ‘relegation battles’ we’ve been or not been involved in the past decade for example are all down to the various boards appointing shit managers and nothing to do with players incapable of playing the way so called shit managers expects them to be able to play?

So the players are all brilliant and should be exonerated?
08:06, Sun 7 Jan
NOGS74
Super Hans

However many supposed ‘relegation battles’ we’ve been or not been involved in the past decade for example are all down to the various boards appointing shit managers and nothing to do with players incapable of playing the way so called shit managers expects them to be able to play?

But it's mostly not the same players. We signed 14 this summer.

When I explained this to Pugh he said the culture needed to change.

So the culture is still the same, apparently, even though this summer we changed:

- The majority of the playing squad

- The owners of the club

- The standard of the stadium

- Leading commercial people in all areas of the club

I appreciate his desire to support Rooney but in the context of the above he's just plain wrong.
H

Consistently correct.
08:36, Sun 7 Jan
NOGS74
Super Hans

The players we currently have were brought in to play the way Eustace drilled in to them over the summer (and last season for those who were here then).

If you were trained to do your job a very specific way and then you had a manager come in and they told you to do it a completely different way straight away would it be your fault if your output suffered?
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
08:41, Sun 7 Jan
NOGS74
bluer than blues

Got them promoted to the prem though then struggled so they had enough of him which is unfair.

Old Tone could be zola Mk3 if the players don’t pull their fingers out.

You can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

They had the same issues with him that we did. There are only a handful of players here left from Karanka's time and they barely play, so I'm not sure the idea of the players being toxic really stands.

Our problem is not any one thing but multiple layers: we've had sh*t owners for over a decade, which in turn has led to the hiring of multiple poor managers, which has in turn led to the signing of many poor quality players, and on and on.

I'm still happy with what the business done in the summer and with a sensible strategy from the top, this can be the beginning of ending that decade of failure and mismanagement. It isn't going to happen overnight.
08:48, Sun 7 Jan
Also worth pointing out that since leaving Blues, Karanka has been sacked by two clubs, lasting barely six months at each.

Sh*t football clubs hire sh*t managers and we've been sh*t for a long time now. Hopefully Rooney was the last of these and we can finally start to move forward.
09:42, Sun 7 Jan
This
10:16, Sun 7 Jan
bluer than blues
Also worth pointing out that since leaving Blues, Karanka has been sacked by two clubs, lasting barely six months at each.

Sh*t football clubs hire sh*t managers and we've been sh*t for a long time now. Hopefully Rooney was the last of these and we can finally start to move forward.

Very good point.
10:38, Sun 7 Jan
Maybe the blues job really is the poison chalice.

Karankas Boro were beautiful to watch that season. He didn’t become a shit manager overnight - maybe it’s always been the players the past 10+ years a mixture of has been’s and never will be’s and free transfers that nobody else wanted.

Thats why i feel so miffed when we DO get some form of success or pattern out of the players we have.
I feel like getting a tune out of lower cost players and frees is the start of something we could build on with a few quid. We could be THAT club that has assembled a squad without breaking the bank.

Then we stamp on it in search of a quick fix and set ourselves back several months.

Even if we do well under the next manager, you are almost waiting for the next bump in the road thinking how are we going to fk this one up.