12:30, Sun 7 Jan
The pundit and former Blues midfielder was speaking about Blues' shortcomings following Wayne Rooney's departure

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
12:50, Sun 7 Jan
Savage for manager!
When JE was in charge i thought there was a good connection/ rapport between the players and fans.

I think that will resurface again under TM

In fairness to savage he doesn't watch us every week so he wouldnt have seen that
You're right there was.

Rooney made no attempt in my opinion to connect with the fans, to be fair he wasn't exactly greeted in the best way so you can understand - but still think it was a mistake on his part.

I just think he was the wrong man for us and we were the wrong club for him. Hope he tries again and has some success somewhere else.
15:03, Sun 7 Jan
Load of tosh.
15:21, Sun 7 Jan
montypenguin
Savage for manager!

Too far from Wrexham
15:29, Sun 7 Jan
It’s nice to think that fans will immediately like you and support you but you can’t rely on it - even more so when you’re brought in under dodgy circumstances lots of fans aren’t happy about. He should have made extra efforts to bond with the fans but I don’t even remember him mentioning us in interviews…
15:44, Sun 7 Jan
It’s nice to think that fans will immediately like you and support you but you can’t rely on it - even more so when you’re brought in under dodgy circumstances lots of fans aren’t happy about. He should have made extra efforts to bond with the fans but I don’t even remember him mentioning us in interviews…

At the very least - if he had thought it through - Rooney should have said something like ...

"i'm really honoured to be offered the position. I have a lot of respect for John Eustace and know how popular he was with the majority of the fans and only ask that i be judged on the improvements in style and results that i bring"

At least that way he would have probably got a few week's more grace.
16:04, Sun 7 Jan
People decided they hated him and the vitriol started even before he was announced. Why do people insist on rewriting history? He’s gone, fans got what they wanted so why malign him further with lies and misrepresentations?
16:08, Sun 7 Jan
He didn't have a great start when he ignored the fans away at his first game. Could very easily have built some bridges, but made no effort ever.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
16:18, Sun 7 Jan
QBBC2
People decided they hated him and the vitriol started even before he was announced. Why do people insist on rewriting history? He’s gone, fans got what they wanted so why malign him further with lies and misrepresentations?

"People" on social media doesn't represent all Blues fans at games.

And EVEN if that were true, Rooney was in a position of power that should have led to him proactively look to build a connection with supporters of the team he presumably wanted to lead for longer than 15 games.

Suck up the negativity, make the effort and give some semblance of appreciation, awareness and approachability.

He showed very little of that.
19:56, Sun 7 Jan
Never had a chance mate -some of us remember Steve Vickers
23:14, Sun 7 Jan
Wowden
Never had a chance mate -some of us remember Steve Vickers

Nonsense.
There’s plenty of fans who were happy to sing the names of Paul Robinson and Marlon King.

If Rooney had made any effort with the fans and shown any sense of competency he’d have turned doubters around.

He clearly didn’t think he needs to do the former.
(And I guess he’s never had to before.)

Anyway… glad he’s gone!
09:00, Mon 8 Jan
Matt -You obviously don't remember the Rooney "tackle" on Steve Vickers {who was subsequently forced to retire} Look it up or ask any Blues fan over the age of 60
09:05, Mon 8 Jan
hE dIdNt tap tHe bAdGE