19:43, Mon 8 Jan
I got a high 5 off Baz, when I sat in the Paddock for our goal....

Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
21:41, Mon 8 Jan
In 30 years, I've never watched the highlights of this game. I was there - I was with my pal, we were standing underneath the clock.

I remember Blues absolutely throwing everything at Kiddy, and watching the highlights here, I think we were hard done by. There was an element of negativity around St Andrews back then even, Bazza had already created a caricature kind of image for himself. Some folk I spoke to were talking about how long he'd last etc., funny how things repeat themselves ayit.

This game was the low point for me. I missed the cup game against Altrincham, thank god. Christ knows what I'd have been like if I was 10 years older and saw the Fulham game.
[youtube.com]

Into The Shadows 2024 Tour Dates -

17 Feb - Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
2 Mar - Taachi Morris Arts Centre, Taunton
30 Mar - Prince Of Wales Theatre, Cannock
20 Apr - Brewhouse Arts Centre, Burton on Trent
7 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
8 June - Theatre On The Steps, Bridgnorth
28 Sept - Exmouth Pavilion
18 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
19 Oct - Garrick Theatre, Lichfield
22:14, Mon 8 Jan
I remember standing on the Kop in disbelief at what happened. I remembered Savilles missed penalty but forgot the disallowed goal.

My first season of going the blues with my mates and it was eventful. Relegated ion 52 points after league winning form in the last 10 games. Went toe-to-toe with the DVBs who were league runners up in the league cup and then losing to Kiddy in the FA cup. 40 signings but the best of the lot was Mark Ward.

Kiddy should have been let into the league that year after beating us and Preston in the cup and winning the conference, and Aggborough was better than the Northampton County Ground.
22:26, Mon 8 Jan
Was a very soft penalty but Saville looked about three yards onside for the one that was disallowed.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
00:55, Tue 9 Jan
Remember this game so well.

Don’t remember us having so many chances though.

I noticed there when Kiddy scored the winner a certain Richard Forsyth celebrating. He was a tidy if unspectacular signing for us later on.

I was 12 and was on the Kop for the game :-)

My old man used to berate Saville every week, a real pain in the ass for it he was.
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
06:29, Tue 9 Jan
Louie Donowa
I got a high 5 off Baz, when I sat in the Paddock for our goal....

My first ever game. Still remember the feeling of disbelief that we’d lost at the end. Set the tone for much of the next 30 years really!
07:50, Tue 9 Jan
Took some stick at school for this on the Monday - horrific result.
07:57, Tue 9 Jan
My best mate is a Kiddy fan

Met him in a pub in Droitwich after the game and will never forget his face

Still ribs me about it on a regular basis now
08:21, Tue 9 Jan
Remember it well. I thought we were pretty unlucky on the day.
08:39, Tue 9 Jan
My first season of going the blues with my mates and it was eventful. Relegated ion 52 points after league winning form in the last 10 games. Went toe-to-toe with the DVBs who were league runners up in the league cup and then losing to Kiddy in the FA cup. 40 signings but the best of the lot was Mark Ward.

yeah this was an odd season - 1993/94 - felt like 10 seasons mixed up in one

we had an ok start i think under Terry Cooper - pre season optimism, a bunch of new signings

we went toe to toe with a strong Villa team - missed a penalty in the home tie, and played really well missing a few good chances at VP with Mardon & Shutt up front because of injuries to the regulars! Dean Saunders nicking it late on with a blatant offside goal and Taity pushing Richardson into the stands after a snidey late tackle

think we lost 3 in a row and TC was sacked

in came Bazza and Kenny Lowe scored a screamer v Charlton

fans clearing snow off the pitch Christmas time to get the game on v WBA, nearly 30,000 there for a great 2-0 win

then the downhill slide, starting spectacularly with this Kiddy cup match!

didn’t win for like 4 months, until we brought in the classy Mark Ward - what a player by the way

then couldn’t stop winning in the last month!

great away wins at Pompey and a 4-2 midweek win at WBA with Donowa scoring a Beckham-esque from the half way line

the Kops last stand v Bristol City

and then ultimately relegation on the last day despite winning 2-1 at Tranmere and Baz getting chaired off the pitch by the fans!

i’ve worn meself out just recalling it!
Tam
08:57, Tue 9 Jan
I don’t remember too much about the game, apart from the penalty. I seem to remember a lot of Blues fans applauding the Kiddy players off at the end though. It wasn’t quite so sporting in The Watering Hole after the game where a chap I knew was outed as a Kiddy fan (actually he was an Albion fan, but came along to support them with his friends) and had a pint glass thrown at his head. His crime was to look happy - rookie error.
Make Blues Great Again
09:40, Tue 9 Jan
derbyblue

yeah this was an odd season - 1993/94 - felt like 10 seasons mixed up in one

we had an ok start i think under Terry Cooper - pre season optimism, a bunch of new signings

we went toe to toe with a strong Villa team - missed a penalty in the home tie, and played really well missing a few good chances at VP with Mardon & Shutt up front because of injuries to the regulars! Dean Saunders nicking it late on with a blatant offside goal and Taity pushing Richardson into the stands after a snidey late tackle

think we lost 3 in a row and TC was sacked

in came Bazza and Kenny Lowe scored a screamer v Charlton

fans clearing snow off the pitch Christmas time to get the game on v WBA, nearly 30,000 there for a great 2-0 win

then the downhill slide, starting spectacularly with this Kiddy cup match!

didn’t win for like 4 months, until we brought in the classy Mark Ward - what a player by the way

then couldn’t stop winning in the last month!

great away wins at Pompey and a 4-2 midweek win at WBA with Donowa scoring a Beckham-esque from the half way line

the Kops last stand v Bristol City

and then ultimately relegation on the last day despite winning 2-1 at Tranmere and Baz getting chaired off the pitch by the fans!

i’ve worn meself out just recalling it!

Yeah, I was 11 at the start of that season & whilst I had been plenty of times before that season with all of those mental situations really grabbed me.

Even the year after, doing the double, Jose Dominguez, taking Liverpool to pens (and missing them all) Claridge's goals was just an extension of the madness.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
09:55, Tue 9 Jan
The only highlight I ever sought out was the disallowed goal. Utter joke decision.

We did completely, totally, and utterly dominate that game. Something like 21 shots on target. Oddly they probably had the two next best chances though from breaks. It was just one of those statistically anomalous games, like Foster v Chelsea.