20:49, Mon 8 Jan
If we don't go in for him in this window I think we should go all out in the summer for him. Would love the reaction from Derby fans aswell

He's currently one of the standout performers so far this season in league one:

Linked Image

If we grab him now, it'll be cheaper than in summer IF Derby were to be promoted
20:52, Mon 8 Jan
We should raid them, absolutely
20:52, Mon 8 Jan
I've seen him a few times this season, proper old style defender, no pace, looks dodgy when having to defend wide but fine when staying centrally
20:53, Mon 8 Jan
Yeah I'm not sure he's for us long term. Old fashioned centre half.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
20:53, Mon 8 Jan
Im pretty sure he’s left footed so it’s a yes from me. I can’t remember the last decent permanent centre half that could play on the left comfortably.
Gazball?
Was going to say Trusty until I re-read your post properly.

Maybe Matty Upson?
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
Wasn't he linked with Brighton recently for about £4m? Let's not get too excited yet
20:57, Mon 8 Jan
I like the look of Tickle the Wigan keeper. Pulled off a few good saves tonight.

Weren’t we linked with Colby Bishop a couple of months ago?
20:59, Mon 8 Jan
Was gonna say same till he nearly bundled it into his own net. Good with his feet mind.
Gazball?
21:03, Mon 8 Jan
Mozball
Im pretty sure he’s left footed so it’s a yes from me. I can’t remember the last decent permanent centre half that could play on the left comfortably.

Upson , Dann
21:04, Mon 8 Jan
Ribeye
Mozball

Upson , Dann

Sounds inconsistent.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
21:06, Mon 8 Jan
13 years ago then
Gazball?
21:09, Mon 8 Jan
Charcy
Ribeye
Mozball

Upson , Dann

Sounds inconsistent.

I got it ! 😀
21:11, Mon 8 Jan
Nikola Zigic
Yeah I'm not sure he's for us long term. Old fashioned centre half.

IMO we need 3-5 more decent young (19 to 23-years old) players a la JJ to flesh the squad out. I'd much rather someone like Cashin come on off the bench than M Roberts for example, who leaves this summer anyway. It doesn't matter if they are limited, they aren't supposed to be our best players. We are never going to have a bench full of stars. We need young and hungry with the potential to be developed, and the potential to be sold on for a profit.

Derby have a load I'd take for that reason. If they end up making it as starters into the first team, fantastic. If not, they fill in when we need them to, they play cup games when our starters need a rest, etc. We are just way too thin at present.
21:17, Mon 8 Jan
They've just triggered his contract extension. If he's going he'll probably move for more money than we'd want to spend
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H