17:50, Tue 9 Jan
Blues Under-21s start 2024 off with victory over Posh

[www.bcfc.com]
17:58, Tue 9 Jan
Junior Dixon scored his 15th goal of the campaign. I'm not saying he should be on the starting 11, but surly he should be in the first team
Prepare to be shouted at
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
18:02, Tue 9 Jan
I’m happy to go with what our new manager thinks, frankly. He’s doing well though.
18:04, Tue 9 Jan
Spooner has managed him all season, and didnt see fit to put him in the squad for an FA Cup game, probably suggests he's not ready yet
18:11, Tue 9 Jan
HackneyBlue
Spooner has managed him all season, and didnt see fit to put him in the squad for an FA Cup game, probably suggests he's not ready yet

yeah maybe. Just been impressed with him so far and given the current striker situation (and a possible scenario of Stansfield and Hogan may leave), I just thought he should be an possible consideration for him to be promoted to the first time. Time will tell
For me 15 goals in about 20 games should result in a few minutes in the first team just as a reward.

Otherwise, where's your incentive?

Wouldn't be any worse than Hogan anyway.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
18:15, Tue 9 Jan
yea i get all that, and him still not being selected suggests theres something that we arent seeing, they'll give him a chance once they think he's ready for it, they didnt hold Donovan back.
18:18, Tue 9 Jan
bluenosezulu
HackneyBlue

yeah maybe. Just been impressed with him so far and given the current striker situation (and a possible scenario of Stansfield and Hogan may leave), I just thought he should be an possible consideration for him to be promoted to the first time. Time will tell

Have you actually seen him play, or are you impressed with the stats?
18:19, Tue 9 Jan
Nikola Zigic
For me 15 goals in about 20 games should result in a few minutes in the first team just as a reward.

Maybe, but Dixon is an interesting case. He’s 19, and never played a minute of senior football in his life. He’s someone who could do with a League 2 loan just to see where he’s at, because whilst 15 goals is a good return, the level is probably equivalent to Southern League Prem
18:21, Tue 9 Jan
Nikola Zigic

Honestly, he needs to go out on loan (and I think he probably is going to).

He's definitely a right place right time finisher type , but his all round play outside of the box is not great. You'd expect if he was brilliant he'd stand out against a tier 9 team and he didn't.

I mean, Spooner has seen a lot of Dixon this season and went for Hogan who had been bombed out previously on the bench.
18:26, Tue 9 Jan
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic

Honestly, he needs to go out on loan (and I think he probably is going to).

He's definitely a right place right time finisher type , but his all round play outside of the box is not great. You'd expect if he was brilliant he'd stand out against a tier 9 team and he didn't.

I mean, Spooner has seen a lot of Dixon this season and went for Hogan who had been bombed out previously on the bench.

Completely understand all of what you're saying there, but you've also basically described Scott Hogan.

They know what they're doing, I'm almost taking all round ability out of it a bit, if it were me he'd get a go on the bench and 15 minutes if winning comfortably just to say well done.

A good loan sounds like the best idea for him.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Is Josh Williams back from Cheltenham now then?
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
18:36, Tue 9 Jan
jefflynneshair
Is Josh Williams back from Cheltenham now then?

Yes he is, came back at start of Jan. He barely played for Cheltenham.

Also on the subject of u21s, Tate Campbell made his first appearance of the season at the weekend off the bench for Bromley. He's had a terrible time with injuries. Hopefully he can get a good run of games in the 2nd half of the season. Bromley are going well in the National League, currently 2nd in the table.
18:36, Tue 9 Jan
Prepare to be shouted at

That’s what they tell all the kids who make the step up.