18:32, Wed 10 Jan
Engine light flashes when indicating right. Doesn't do it when indicating left or at any other point.

Any ideas? Just a fuse maybe?

And yes I've turned it off and back on again
18:34, Wed 10 Jan
Turn left rather than right.
18:35, Wed 10 Jan
Sounds like some circuit is breaking down in the instrument binacle and electric is leaking across a circuit to another when the indicator circuit receives power.

What model car is it?
18:37, Wed 10 Jan
1. Wait until tomorrow, retry. If still an issue
2. Disconnect battery, wait 30mins,reconnect. If still an issue
3. Take to a garage
18:42, Wed 10 Jan
Sheep2
Turn left rather than right.

I have but just going round in circles
18:42, Wed 10 Jan
lowercaser
Sounds like some circuit is breaking down in the instrument binacle and electric is leaking across a circuit to another when the indicator circuit receives power.

What model car is it?

It's my wife's fiat 500
18:46, Wed 10 Jan
Oh dear! Italian electrics - nuff said.

Quickest and probably cheapest way to get it diagnosed and resolved is going to be taking it to an auto electrican.
18:48, Wed 10 Jan
Ribeye
lowercaser

What model car is it?

It's my wife's fiat 500

Common problem??

[www.ecutesting.com]
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
18:50, Wed 10 Jan
Engine light flashes when indicating right. Doesn't do it when indicating left or at any other point.

Well known fault .. instrument cluster unit has failed
18:50, Wed 10 Jan
I'm the furthest from being mechanically inclined but I'd suspect maybe a sensor has gone on the driver side

A quick Google search gave me this as the first result, and it's a fiat forum too. Seems like a common problem

[www.fiatforum.com]
19:07, Wed 10 Jan
Rags

Yep, I text a mate who knows his stuff and he said straight away it was that.

Cheers all

Delete thread

Shit on the villa
19:11, Wed 10 Jan
Rags

Yep, I text a mate who knows his stuff and he said straight away it was that.

Cheers all

Delete thread

Shit on the villa

Don't get a new one from Fiat .. buy a reconditioned one. Lots of places do loads of these and will fit.

Pure guesstimate .. £150 parts £100 labour .. should be the max.

Whereabouts are you based ?
19:13, Wed 10 Jan
My mate is gonna sort it he said 150

Cheers all
19:21, Wed 10 Jan
My mate is gonna sort it he said 150

Cheers all

Fair enough.

Don't think it makes your 500 a bad choice ... many cars suffer from cluster problems... especially the Ford Focus.

500s, if someone is using it mainly for local and non motorway journeys, have got a much better reputation than many expected they would.
Hold value well too.
19:24, Wed 10 Jan
She's had it 4 years and not spent a penny on it , not a bad little car to be fair. I use it if I've just got to pop to the shop or whatever rather than waste my own petrol. It's ideal for round town and yeah you're right about the value. It's still worth what she originally paid for it 4 years later