12:00, Thu 11 Jan
Latest Birmingham City news from BirminghamLive includes Kevin Phillips on his former manager Tony Mowbray's appointment at St Andrew's

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
The surprise there is that Kev rates his time at Blues among his most enjoyable.
12:16, Thu 11 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE
The surprise there is that Kev rates his time at Blues among his most enjoyable.

A proper finisher 👊🏻
12:36, Thu 11 Jan
Fat Buddha CBE

I don't know about this season but,he goes to a few games. I always used to see him in the Legends Bar.
12:38, Thu 11 Jan
To save you a click - unlimited Revels
12:55, Thu 11 Jan
tool
Fat Buddha CBE

A proper finisher 👊🏻

Oh, seriously one of the best I've ever seen. But it was his positional sense, especially later on in his career; he just always knew where to be to poke the ball home.
12:57, Thu 11 Jan
The game against wolves will live long in the memory for me
13:11, Thu 11 Jan
Finchy
The game against wolves will live long in the memory for me

One of my first games with my youngest, probably about 8. I still have the video of him singing "super kev" leaving the ground.
STD
13:32, Thu 11 Jan
tool
Fat Buddha CBE

A proper finisher 👊🏻

Would still be a better option off the bench than Hogan
Moist
13:34, Thu 11 Jan
STD
The promotion-winning match goal against Reading.......

He would make a great coach for our forwards.
13:35, Thu 11 Jan
bluer than blues
Oh, seriously one of the best I've ever seen. But it was his positional sense, especially later on in his career; he just always knew where to be to poke the ball home.

his ability to find space in the 6 yard box was phenomenal. great player.
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
13:41, Thu 11 Jan
Sheff U debut last minute winner, the Wolves game, Reading promotion and Brentford in the 4th round of the league cup, all goals of a true finisher and moments I went bloody mental.

Such a shame he was around at the same time as Shearer, Owen, Fowler and Cole as he should’ve played more for England.
14:21, Thu 11 Jan
And I taught him! English, not football of course.

When he was 16, he played in the annual staff v school football match (those were the days). We knew he was pretty good, but none of us sage old cloggers reckoned he had it in him to go far. Just as well that we stuck to teaching and didn't embark on scouting careers.

Mind you, Southampton's coaching staff told him he'd never be a striker and played him at full back before letting him go as a kid.....and I'd like to see any of them with fractious Year 9s on a wet Tuesday afternoon.
14:37, Thu 11 Jan
TresorLuntala
Sheff U debut last minute winner, the Wolves game, Reading promotion and Brentford in the 4th round of the league cup, all goals of a true finisher and moments I went bloody mental.

Such a shame he was around at the same time as Shearer, Owen, Fowler and Cole as he should’ve played more for England.

Sunderland fans used to go nuts about how he was overlooked. He had a very good game besides his exceptional finishing. Should have played at the highest level.

Surprised he hasn’t gone on to another management job after South Shields where he did well. Maybe doesn’t fancy it.
14:42, Thu 11 Jan

Not that surprising; one promotion, Blues' highest league finish in 50 years and won his only piece of silverware here.