12:13, Thu 11 Jan
Gazball?
12:14, Thu 11 Jan
no thanks, big wages and too similar to Bielik, unnecessary
12:15, Thu 11 Jan
And injury prone. Hopefully just FI putting a name around for an agent.
Gazball?
12:16, Thu 11 Jan
yep, more than likely, usually the case when its a list of clubs
12:27, Thu 11 Jan
Plays CB as well doesn't he this guy?

But yeah - doesn't feel like the type of player we need right now.
12:46, Thu 11 Jan
Everyone saying no but you have no idea on what the financials are for the deal.

I severely doubt that Blues would be paying anything substantial to his wages given the clubs linked like Blackburn and Plymouth can barely rub two pennies together this window.

Also, Standard Liege are subject to reports lately concerning their financial position (https://onefootball.com/en/news/new-owners-same-problems-worrying-financial-situation-at-standard-liege-continues-after-one-year-under-777-ownership-38815452), and with it being the Belgian league anyway, I highly doubt they was paying big wages.

To look at the positives:
- he is 28 so still at a decent age
- everyone moans about Gardner so I'd think with a player like Hayden's pedigree he'd be an upgrade (151 apps for Newcastle, 14 apps for Norwich last season)
- Sunjic is out of contract at the end of the season so who knows what happens with that, might be a loan to see if he's worth taking next season
- nobody on this forum has any idea how TM will look to set us up. He might want 2 sitters infront of the defence given the amount of goals we've leaked
12:50, Thu 11 Jan
Away with your logical analysis. We have no time for that sort of thing here.
12:51, Thu 11 Jan
Stop! Please give an instant reaction - preferably negative - without giving any due consideration to things: don't you know how things work around here?
13:15, Thu 11 Jan
I've only recently started to pop my head back into SHA but wish some would do 5 seconds of thinking before being moany gits!

However, no doubt Hayden signs and is Juan Castillo level of dross just to spite me
13:18, Thu 11 Jan
I really think we would benefit by having some experience added back there.
13:21, Thu 11 Jan
Sorry that i don't want an expensive unnecessary signing that likely isn't better than what we have

Hes on 50k a week reportedly which is why they havent been able to sell him permanently

Not sure i would want to consider signing him permanently until we see who's available in the summer so that point doesn't really fly with me either

Unless they are an obvious upgrade at a decent cost then i dont see the point of doing much at all this window
13:23, Thu 11 Jan
*not having a pop*

Where did you see he's on 50k? Be surprised anyone in the Champ would want to pay more than 10-15k a week for him. I'd still strongly bet that Newcastle would cover a vast proportion of his wage. (Not sure if a loan fee would be required)

However, Plymouth Twitter is a buzz with him being down there already to sign so might be a much to do about nothing anyway.
13:26, Thu 11 Jan
*not having a pop*

Where did you see he's on 50k? Be surprised anyone in the Champ would want to pay more than 10-15k a week for him. I'd still strongly bet that Newcastle would cover a vast proportion of his wage. (Not sure if a loan fee would be required)

However, Plymouth Twitter is a buzz with him being down there already to sign so might be a much to do about nothing anyway.

We ain't even looking to pay 10-15k a week for players are we ?
13:27, Thu 11 Jan
[www.mirror.co.uk]

Not gospel obviously but I had read elsewhere his wages were the reason he hadn’t left permanently yet.

Also says Norwich were paying him 20k a week.

Plymouth I get because relegation is at stake for them, but I’m expecting us to be mid table with or without Hayden.
13:29, Thu 11 Jan
Half decent player, popular with the toon army

Wouldn’t mind him as he’s an upgrade on what we have.