09:30, Fri 12 Jan
Latest Birmingham City news from BirminghamLive includes Tony Mowbray on the coaches he has inherited from Wayne Rooney

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
09:39, Fri 12 Jan
“I became a product of the different people I learned from and listened to, and it helps you grow and develop. If Ashley and John want to become coaches and managers somewhere down the line, they will take something off this one and nick something off that one, and they will use this because it was great, and definitely wouldn’t do that. They learn, so I’m happy to be a part of their journey. As long as we all put the team at the centre then we will be fine.”
09:58, Fri 12 Jan
It seems obvious that he's carefully massaging any previous friction(s) away.
You don't need university degrees ....... it's about managing and leading people.
In that respect he's not put a foot wrong and he's always been a proper , tidy operator.
UTFB Tony !!
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
09:59, Fri 12 Jan
Rags
“I became a product of the different people I learned from and listened to, and it helps you grow and develop. If Ashley and John want to become coaches and managers somewhere down the line, they will take something off this one and nick something off that one, and they will use this because it was great, and definitely wouldn’t do that. They learn, so I’m happy to be a part of their journey. As long as we all put the team at the centre then we will be fine.”

Cole in particular has been highly regarded in the England set up. I personally would be keen for us to disassociate them from Rooney and if TM feels they add something to the mix to retain them.

I am sure if the players were unhappy with their approach or personalities that would have been evident of Tony and they wouldn’t still be here.
10:12, Fri 12 Jan
“I come in with an open mind, I come in without an agenda,”

“What’s important is we put the team at the centre of what we are trying to do really and it will evolve itself. Every time I go to a new club I don’t go in with an agenda - ‘I’m getting rid of him, I’m sacking him, he’s moving on’ - I don’t do that. I have to find out about the people.

“Sometimes the people want to stay and grow, and learn from you. Sometimes the people want to leave for whatever reason, they want to be a manager now and think they have been here long enough.

“I’m pretty open about it. Let’s see how it goes. People will be making their own minds up of what they want to do. The staff will be the staff. If we need to add some because people leave, that’s what we will do. If nobody leaves, it’ll be fine and we’ll get on with it.
10:22, Fri 12 Jan
To be fair it's not like they've worked with Rooney for a significant period and followed him around from job to job. It was 83 days or something, probably less so they'll have no real loyalty to him and will soon forget him and get on the Mowbray promotion bus.
10:27, Fri 12 Jan
To be fair it's not like they've worked with Rooney for a significant period and followed him around from job to job. It was 83 days or something, probably less so they'll have no real loyalty to him and will soon forget him and get on the Mowbray promotion bus.

I'm fairly happy for them to become "untainted" and let Uncle Tony decide whether to keep them or not.

In fact Mowbray could suggest we play in pink spandex at the moment and get away with it he seems to have so much goodwill behind him
10:39, Fri 12 Jan
Just watched the pre Swansea press conference from yesterday again.
What a lovely,humble, working class bloke.
10:46, Fri 12 Jan
Has OShea gone or what?
10:49, Fri 12 Jan
Nothing from the club to say he has. Reckon TM will stick with him and Cole for now.
11:33, Fri 12 Jan

"again"

says it all really - when did we last have a manager who said something that was worth listening to twice !!
12:17, Fri 12 Jan
Rags

"again"

says it all really - when did we last have a manager who said something that was worth listening to twice !!
Or even once ? lol
12:22, Fri 12 Jan
Rags

"again"

Or even once ? lol

Good point actually 😄😄