12:52, Fri 12 Jan
Talking about Alexandra Palace, home of the ongoing Masters, on BBC:

"I just don’t like this place. I find it disgusting. Everywhere is dirty. It’s cold. It’s freezing, I have to wear my coat everywhere. You go through car parks. There are bins. Honestly, it just makes me feel ill."

😂😂😭
12:56, Fri 12 Jan
whilst it’s an impressive venue, he’s not wrong.

freezing in the main beer hall whenever I’ve been for the darts, probably doesn’t help it’s on top of a hill.
13:05, Fri 12 Jan
HackneyBlue
probably doesn’t help it’s on top of a hill.

this is the 21st century, you can keep buildings warm even if they are on the top of a hill nowadays
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
13:10, Fri 12 Jan
You’d hope so but Ally Pally haven’t worked out how yet
13:41, Fri 12 Jan
A_n_E
HackneyBlue
probably doesn’t help it’s on top of a hill.

this is the 21st century, you can keep buildings warm even if they are on the top of a hill nowadays

It is a pretty vast non twenty first century building though.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
13:52, Fri 12 Jan
It's a 150 year old cavernous listed building, I can't say i'm surprised it's a bit decrepit and chilly.
20:16, Fri 12 Jan
Ronnie is a prick. Albeit a very talented one
Tony Fantastico
20:44, Fri 12 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
This sums up Ronnie pretty succinctly.
21:03, Fri 12 Jan
Charcy
It is a pretty vast non twenty first century building though.

And? Are only new buildings warm? They couldn't care less about it being warm as people go there regardless because of the sports on offer.
Why would they bother spending hundreds of thousands of pounds when they sell out already?
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
21:13, Fri 12 Jan
In fact I take that back. They've spunked millions on it recently by a really well known London firm or architects.
There is absolutely zero reason why it should be cold other than they can't be arsed.
21:16, Fri 12 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt

He is Hollywood tbf though. I love watching him play snooker, his interviews are generally interesting, mental or both, but I wouldn't invite him round for Xmas
21:56, Sun 14 Jan
He’s been ridiculously good tonight. That’s hurt Ali Carter big time
Tony Fantastico
22:15, Sun 14 Jan
Yeah Cartershead slid off as soon as it went 8-7. Not always massive fan of Carter tbh, he can be quite a prickly bloke himself think.

He was expecting more cavalier snooker I think, and when Ronnie came out with the match play and let his experience carry him forward, it was only ever going one way. I hope he wins the World's this year and gets his season triple crown
22:41, Sun 14 Jan
Ronnie is a bit of a prick to say the least, but I have spent hours watching him play and he plays snooker sometimes like it’s American 8 ball, just so good at seeing the next 5 shots. It’s almost like a grandmaster at chess knowing all the moves.

In terms of how good he is, it’s almost akin to Taylor at darts. Neither of which are exactly cardio sports, but the skill to be able to beat so many people for so many years is astounding.

Having said that, can anyone with a better knowledge of snooker explain to me why you do get worse as you get older? Hendry retired early, but there are still so many about that retired years ago, is it the mental drain? It just seems a sport that you could play until you can’t bend over a table.
22:58, Sun 14 Jan
Suppose a lot of it is the need to dedicate yourself to something vs have the rest of your life when it's done.

That plus eyesight, elbows and backs must catch up with you. Anything with a repetitive nature takes its toll eventually