22:19, Fri 12 Jan
1-1

A Slightly controversial equaliser for luton near the end.

Was a Shite game of football though tbf
22:26, Fri 12 Jan
VAR got the decision right I thought. Poor goalkeeping. What did you make of it?
22:27, Fri 12 Jan
I thought Luton looked comfortably the better side tonight, Barkley looks confident and was best player on the pitch.

Thought it was a foul on the keeper for the equaliser though, very surprised it was allowed to stand.
22:27, Fri 12 Jan
I'm in the pub so hard to tell watching on a small screen. 50/50 challenge maybe.
07:49, Sat 13 Jan
Doyle1980
VAR got the decision right I thought. Poor goalkeeping. What did you make of it?

If VAR had got it wrong, this would be a 3 page thread by now πŸ˜€
Up the feckin Blues
Tbf it’s a foul all day.
Tony Fantastico
Not seen it mate - Burnley/Luton just wasn't on my list of 'must watches' 😁
Up the feckin Blues
08:37, Sat 13 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Tbf it’s a foul all day.

This.

He looked at keeper before backing into him.
Rab C Nesbitt is the best poster on SHA bar none.
Bluesince62
Not seen it mate - Burnley/Luton just wasn't on my list of 'must watches' 😁
Was above Hull v Narge for me
Tony Fantastico
08:46, Sat 13 Jan
Its definitely a foul in the modern game. Personally I wouldn't want it to be but how the game is at the moment it is one.

The real issue here is that if you looked back and found similar situations from this season, you will find that a foul was given 95% of the time.

One of the big problems people have with refs is the lack of consistency. The one thing they usually are consistent on though is pver-protecting goalkeepers. That decision just goes against that consistency.
08:49, Sat 13 Jan
Well summed up πŸ‘
Tony Fantastico
100% agree that goalies are over protected now - it's almost farcical, I've seen fouls given for players just standing in front of a goalie and no contact. Daft. All a keeper has to do is run into a player standing still and throw his arms up - easy peasy. Still say the rules need a complete overhaul before anything else. Won't happen mind.
Up the feckin Blues
GonzaloFlores
Its definitely a foul in the modern game. Personally I wouldn't want it to be but how the game is at the moment it is one.

The real issue here is that if you looked back and found similar situations from this season, you will find that a foul was given 95% of the time.

One of the big problems people have with refs is the lack of consistency. The one thing they usually are consistent on though is pver-protecting goalkeepers. That decision just goes against that consistency.

Nothing is ever going to change that. Depending what your definition of consistency is, it's an impossible goal to get the refs to be 100%. They are human, each one will have his own interpretation within the rules, each one will have a slightly different view of an incident - both physically on his positioning re the incident and his interpretation of it.
Up the feckin Blues
Bluesince62
GonzaloFlores

Nothing is ever going to change that. Depending what your definition of consistency is, it's an impossible goal to get the refs to be 100%. They are human, each one will have his own interpretation within the rules, each one will have a slightly different view of an incident - both physically on his positioning re the incident and his interpretation of it.

I suppose the only thing you can do is to refine the rules so that they are absolutely precise with no room for subjectivity. Is that possible?
09:44, Sat 13 Jan
No. And it’s why var was and still is a stupid idea
Tony Fantastico