20:11, Sat 13 Jan
Why was James not playing from the start today??
Is he about to leave?
20:15, Sat 13 Jan
Like many I am unsure where his best position to fit in is at the moment. I don’t disagree with the starting line up today..

It’s a 16 man game nowadays. He will start Tuesday if he’s still here.

Probably won’t end up playing with a 10 so he will be one of three central midfielders the one given licence.
20:17, Sat 13 Jan
Not a natural position for him in a 4-2-3-1, but I’d have him in the 10 role
20:25, Sat 13 Jan
Bielik made some good defensive interventions and Sunjic won the ball of Swansea repeatedly before he got booked and had to chill out. James will get plenty of game time but against a passing side like Swansea, I think Mowbray made the right call today.
20:26, Sat 13 Jan
Is he about to leave?

Mowbray was asked directly about it on WM and basically said he wants to keep him but if the money’s right and it means we can bring 3 or 4 better players into the squad then that’s what will happen. The interviewer took that as, “he’s off then”.
20:30, Sat 13 Jan
He can receive the ball better and move it far quicker and effectively than both Bielik and Sunjic.

He’s also better than Miyoshi in the number 10 role.

I suspect though, having heard Mowbray’s interview with Richard Wilford on WM, that he’s on his way.
20:33, Sat 13 Jan
QBBC2
Is he about to leave?

Mowbray was asked directly about it on WM and basically said he wants to keep him but if the money’s right and it means we can bring 3 or 4 better players into the squad then that’s what will happen. The interviewer took that as, “he’s off then”.
He said the same on Thursday. And at Sunderland and at Blackburn.
I don’t think it’s indicative of James leaving
Tony Fantastico
20:35, Sat 13 Jan
Yea i interpreted that interview as he might be leaving, but only for the right price and if we’ve got the 4 players ready to sign

Quite a lot of variables there, will run to the end of the window
20:35, Sat 13 Jan
No, not necessarily but Wilford’s conclusion was that he was leaving.
20:37, Sat 13 Jan
If he was and it was definite I don’t think he plays any part today
Tony Fantastico
20:47, Sat 13 Jan
HackneyBlue
Yea i interpreted that interview as he might be leaving, but only for the right price and if we’ve got the 4 players ready to sign

Quite a lot of variables there, will run to the end of the window

Agreed. I think it was an honest answer that should be taken at face value.
23:00, Sat 13 Jan
Mowbray will know more about Bielik and his reputation as a decent midfielder at this level. Little did he know that since the last year, Bielik has seemingly regressed
23:02, Sat 13 Jan
it was quite a bizarre and elongated celebration.
23:42, Sat 13 Jan
I think the team today was in full pragmatic lets not lose and reset the clock. It was working until we gave them the freedom of the box for the first goal. James is going in the summer no matter what so we just need to accept it and just make sure we get the best fee we can.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
23:51, Sat 13 Jan
Hagley Blue
He can receive the ball better and move it far quicker and effectively than both Bielik and Sunjic.

He’s also better than Miyoshi in the number 10 role.

I suspect though, having heard Mowbray’s interview with Richard Wilford on WM, that he’s on his way.

And it did look like he was saying his goodbyes to the crowd after the game when the players walked off