It was never going to be a case of Tony Mowbray coming in and reinventing the wheel. Nor was it really going to be a case of Mowbray stamping his 'football, football, football*' mantra indelibly on Blues players from the get-go. His first match in charge of Blues, against Swansea City, was per

[keeprighton1875.wordpress.com]
Well summed up tbf.
Tony Fantastico
20:42, Sun 14 Jan
Excellent article.
Always good to get Tatt’s thoughts and insight.
Aside from feeling optimistic about the new owners plans for the future. I feel excited about what Tony Mowbray can achieve with a supportive hierarchy. He didn’t really have that at Blackburn or Sunderland.
Very thoughful Colin. Interesting comment on if it had been Eustace to Mowbray. Personally I'm convinced we will face recruiting a new spine to the team in the near future.
Tam
08:49, Mon 15 Jan
KC
Good article, as ever, Colin. I mentioned on another thread that I thought that Mowbray had benefited from Rooney being the buffer between Eustace and him. If he'd been a direct replacement, I think that the enthusiasm would have been more muted, but generally his appointment has been greeted with at least a huge sigh of relief, because a) its a safe pair of hands after the Rooney debacle and b) it's brought back confidence that the owners can do the right thing in terms of appointing managers.
Make Blues Great Again