08:10, Wed 17 Jan
I’m back down again seeing my nanna on Sunday (96 and still telling me about ‘Mr Mowbray’) Would usually go to the Barnt Green Inn for Sunday dinner but wanting to stay in town. Where’s good these days?

The Red Lion in the JQ still the place to go? Anywhere in town itself?
08:22, Wed 17 Jan
The Highfield Highfield Road, Edgbaston near 5 Ways.
Solid dependable pubby place for sunday lunch, unlimited roasties and yorkies, advisable to book. The Physician, White Swan and Plough are also good other options in the Harborne /Edgbaston district costs similar to the BGI. .
Just a perfect day. Drink sangria in the park And then later, when it gets dark...We go home
09:34, Wed 17 Jan
I recommend you don’t use The Red Lion on Warstone Lane, especially if climbing stairs and chewing tough meat are a problem.
Admittedly I base this on my one and only meal there which was supposed to have been a treat. From experience Toby Carvery are far superior (and cheaper)
09:42, Wed 17 Jan
gesanners
I recommend you don’t use The Red Lion on Warstone Lane, especially if climbing stairs and chewing tough meat are a problem.
Admittedly I base this on my one and only meal there which was supposed to have been a treat. From experience Toby Carvery are far superior (and cheaper)

That isn’t what I found, one of the best Sunday roasts I’ve had for quality and quantity.

Looking at Tripadvisor reviews now it does look like it’s luck of the draw.
11:00, Wed 17 Jan
It came recommended to me so we were very surprised. The place was packed and it was obvious we weren’t the only disappointed customers. From what you’ve read we must have been unlucky on the day.