11:44, Wed 17 Jan
There was a lady in The Roost before the game last night handing out flyers for her son’s band, The Solar Eyes. They are playing a gig at The Hare & Hounds, Kings Heath on 16th Feb to launch their first album, having recently signed to a record label.

No knowledge of them myself but the lady told me they play Kasabian type stuff and are Blues fans. Found a photo of Juke wearing one of their merch shirts online.

As I say, I’ve no connection to them at all but if their mom is prepared to hand out flyers in the freezing cold thought I’d give it a mention. Always good to support grassroots music, especially local bands and double especially Blues followers.
12:08, Wed 17 Jan
There was a lady in The Roost before the game last night handing out flyers for her son’s band, The Solar Eyes. They are playing a gig at The Hare & Hounds, Kings Heath on 16th Feb to launch their first album, having recently signed to a record label.

No knowledge of them myself but the lady told me they play Kasabian type stuff and are Blues fans. Found a photo of Juke wearing one of their merch shirts online.

As I say, I’ve no connection to them at all but if their mom is prepared to hand out flyers in the freezing cold thought I’d give it a mention. Always good to support grassroots music, especially local bands and double especially Blues followers.

I'd probably say they're most the way to breaking through ... you will have heard their music on Match of the Day

12:09, Wed 17 Jan
Listened to them on Spotify a few months back after seeing Juke in the band t-shirt, so that definitely worked, some decent tunes
Happy Clapper
12:55, Wed 17 Jan
Listened to them on Spotify a few months back after seeing Juke in the band t-shirt, so that definitely worked, some decent tunes

Here's an article explaining - but yes, i think they've got the possibility of a great future, obviously you need the right breaks, but that's the same for everyone and everything

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
12:57, Wed 17 Jan
and Glenn is definitely a Blues fan

""Blues have started using one of our songs before kick off… 20 mins before the teams come out," said Glenn, who works in Worcester. “I was walking through with my pal to our seats. Then I was like, I recognise those guitar riffs!

"Then we got a bit giddy. I sort of wanted to say to everyone around me – that’s me mate.""
13:01, Wed 17 Jan
Excellent. And fair play to the mom 👍

Blue Nation to break next? 🤞💙
13:06, Wed 17 Jan
That’s a great break they got with the FA Cup & BBC financially and exposure wise.
13:09, Wed 17 Jan
Rags

""Blues have started using one of our songs before kick off… 20 mins before the teams come out," said Glenn, who works in Worcester. “I was walking through with my pal to our seats. Then I was like, I recognise those guitar riffs!

"Then we got a bit giddy. I sort of wanted to say to everyone around me – that’s me mate.""

Sits behind me in the GML I think
13:16, Wed 17 Jan
El Mayor
Rags

Guitar give him away? 😁
13:38, Wed 17 Jan
theAtlas
El Mayor
Rags

Guitar give him away? 😁

Free Solar Eyes stickers
13:40, Wed 17 Jan
El Mayor
theAtlas
El Mayor
Rags

Guitar give him away? 😁

Free Solar Eyes stickers

🤣👍
13:53, Wed 17 Jan
Is this Glenn who was in Escobar years back?
13:59, Wed 17 Jan
Is this Glenn who was in Escobar years back?

Yes, Glenn Smyth ..... also the same Glenn Smyth who got into quite a bit of trouble for involvement in organised football violence

I liked Escobar and Glenn being in Solar Eyes was what first made me listen to them.
Fair play to his mom 👍 [open.spotify.com]
They're coming to take me away haha hehe haha
Herefordshire Cider Boozer
Fair play to his mom 👍 [open.spotify.com]

Yes, that’s what made me stick it on here.